free website stats program The Convergence on Washington D.C. - Rolling Thunder | Harley Davidson Forums

The Convergence on Washington D.C. - Rolling Thunder

mc2

Contributor
In this month, thousands of bikers, hundreds of thousands some say, ride to their Ride across America for Rolling Thunder in Washington D.C. (~8,000 mile round trip for many)
I'm honored to be counted among them. I left Mpls MN April 29 to enjoy a scenic ride and visit friends and family in Oregon and California before I meet with the National Veterans Awareness Ride (NVAR) in Auburn CA. (This is my 6th ride) My scenic ride was more of a power ride to dodge and detour winter storms in WY and ID, but that's all part of the adventure, and when you're riding for those who can't, every ride is a good one!
The NVAR departs Auburn on May 16, and for ten days across America we visit veterans in homes and hospitals every day. The welcome we receive from them is - emotional. We visit schools also to share our mission objective, and perform ceremonies at cemeteries and memorials to honor those who have passed.
The NVAR is a small group, when compared to the Run for The Wall, which holds an intimacy to the social aspect of the group. Yet, we both share the same mission; to express our gratitude and appreciation for their service, and assure them that they are not forgotten. Many in homes and hospitals receive few visitors, some are far from families, or have outlived their families. They look forward to our visits as much as we do.
Please visit the web site to follow our ride from May 15 - 26; www.nvar.us

Back