free website stats program The Bell? | Harley Davidson Forums

The Bell?

YmmitHD

Can someone give me some insight on the Gift of a bell? I know it's suppose to ward off the evil road spirits or what ever, but where did this derive from? Someone had told me it was specific to HD only? Is that true?

all I know is my buddies bike used to give him all kinds of probs, then his fiance bought a bell for him and they disapeared, the probs that is.

The most important part of the legend is that the bell works OK if you buy one for yourself, but its powers are doubled if it's given to you as a gift!

It's also not Harley specific. I saw them on a lot of used bikes when I was looking awhile back.

This raises the question - should you take off the bell if you sell your bike or does it stay on THAT bike forever, continuing to ward off the evil spirits? Are the powers diminished if you move it from one bike to another?

I think it should be removed if it was a gift. But on the other had instead of leaving it on the bike when you sell it you can make a point of giving it to the new owner as a gift.

Back