free website stats program Thanks HD Talking!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Thanks HD Talking!!

UCWAYNE

Banned
Hey Everyone!!

Just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone on here who divulges their knowledge on Harleys. I've had a couple different bikes through the years but, I just completed my first, and I do mean very first service on a motorcycle of any kind!! I just never felt confident & knowledgeable enough to try. I've worked on my share of cages, but as we all know, they do not require the TLC that a bike does!!

I have a 2010 UC and after reading on here for many many days, I decided that I was NOT going to pay the dealer for something that I knew that I could do myself!! That being the 1000 mile service. Thanks to you, the people of HDT, I was able to complete my service with no issues what so ever!!

Now have the confidence and I know where to get the knowledge, I think I'm hooked on doing my own repair and service work form this point forward!! And I was able to spend the money that I saved on a little bit more bling!!

I know that if there is anything else that I need to know, I can get the information RIGHT HERE ON HDT!!!

Thanks again to those of you that have contributed soooooo much to this site. I only hope that one day, I can return the favor and give that confidence to someone else!!!

Heres to ya!!:cheers
Wayne

Wayne,

I suggest you get a service manual for your bike, it has tons of info and pictures. I like you service my own with HD talking help as a reference. Great web site!!!!

Congrats Wayne on the skills you are learning. I have done a lot of service myself, but here lately hiring it out to an independent party at a more reasonable price (low overhead).

One thing I suggest to folks who want to start turning their own wrenches, and you probably already know this: 1. Cover and pad well all the painted surfaces such as fenders and tanks to protect from "run-a-way" hard metal wrenches and such. Even the most skilled mechanic can have a bad day and drop a wrench on a fender and damage it.

2 and 3...a good quality cycle jack and the official H-D service manual for your machine.

And yes...this site is a treasure trove of information and many nice folks doing all they can to help, aid, and assist. :)

The service manual is a great idea. I also got the parts manual and electrical manual. The parts manual shows great exploded views that comes in handy. With these three manuals and HDT, you can't go wrong.

Thank you Wayne for the kind words, and it is always a joy to hear from our members. Congratulations on your success and the great feeling of knowing you did the job right.

Hey Everyone!!

Just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone on here who divulges their knowledge on Harleys. I've had a couple different bikes through the years but, I just completed my first, and I do mean very first service on a motorcycle of any kind!! I just never felt confident & knowledgeable enough to try. I've worked on my share of cages, but as we all know, they do not require the TLC that a bike does!!

I have a 2010 UC and after reading on here for many many days, I decided that I was NOT going to pay the dealer for something that I knew that I could do myself!! That being the 1000 mile service. Thanks to you, the people of HDT, I was able to complete my service with no issues what so ever!!

Now have the confidence and I know where to get the knowledge, I think I'm hooked on doing my own repair and service work form this point forward!! And I was able to spend the money that I saved on a little bit more bling!!

I know that if there is anything else that I need to know, I can get the information RIGHT HERE ON HDT!!!

Thanks again to those of you that have contributed soooooo much to this site. I only hope that one day, I can return the favor and give that confidence to someone else!!!

Wayne

Congradulations on the service, and now you know how the rest of us feel about the HDtalking forum. I have been on several Harley forums and by far this community really rocks. The mods. keep all of us on our toes and keep the forum moving forward. You didn't say but you do have a service manual for your bike right?

Hey Everyone!!

Thanks again to those of you that have contributed soooooo much to this site.

Wayne

I am with you Wayne. This site ROCKS!!!!!:D

This is, by far, the best site around for people sharing tips and opinions.

That being said, with all of the money that we have saved, shouldn't all of our names be purple?

Just food for thought.

Back