free website stats program THANK A VETERAN (good story) | Harley Davidson Forums

THANK A VETERAN (good story)

RUSHMORE_14

I just wanted to share a story:

As some of you may know, I am History Teacher in NJ. On Friday I walked into the main office of my building, and my Principal was standing there as I got my mail. I began to leave and he said to me," Oh by the way, you have a meeting on Monday." and proceeds to tell me the student's name. I replied with," I'm not going to be here Monday." He looks at me with a puzzled look and asks why not? I said "It's Veterans Day(observed)" He says," So!" I said "I'm never in work on Veterans Day.....I ride for the Veterans". He said,"Are you a Veteran?" I said No. He said, "Then why are you riding?" Me: Because my Dad is a Vet, my Grandfather was a Vet, my Uncle was a Vet, my Cousin died in Iraq, most recently.... I looked at him with much disappointment and said,
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A VETERAN TO THANK ONE, TO RESPECT THEM, TO HONOR THEIR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE.

I shook my head as I left the office. Veterans Day is today, but the ride is forever.

Funny how this day to honor ones who served/protected freedom(s) is overlooked. Good for you & hope you get to ride...

Thanks for sharing your account with us. I want to also thank all our Veterans for all they do!
WAP.gif

I just wanted to share a story:

As some of you may know, I am History Teacher in NJ. On Friday I walked into the main office of my building, and my Principal was standing there as I got my mail. I began to leave and he said to me," Oh by the way, you have a meeting on Monday." and proceeds to tell me the student's name. I replied with," I'm not going to be here Monday." He looks at me with a puzzled look and asks why not? I said "It's Veterans Day(observed)" He says," So!" I said "I'm never in work on Veterans Day.....I ride for the Veterans". He said,"Are you a Veteran?" I said No. He said, "Then why are you riding?" Me: Because my Dad is a Vet, my Grandfather was a Vet, my Uncle was a Vet, my Cousin died in Iraq, most recently.... I looked at him with much disappointment and said,
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A VETERAN TO THANK ONE, TO RESPECT THEM, TO HONOR THEIR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE.

I shook my head as I left the office. Veterans Day is today, but the ride is forever.

good for you and thanks for sharing

Good Post, Nuff said with out vets this country would be doomed IMO, we cannot and will not forget their service Thank you for sharing this inspiration:s

It sounds like your Principal needs to sit in on some History classes. Seems he's forgotten everything he's learned or he was never listening anyway.

Hope the weather shines down on your ride.

I served my time in the USAF for 4 years (62-66). Hate it when some non server say "Thank you for your service". I proudly served my country then and would do it again. What's your excuse???????????

Well I don't hate it. I just think they're one step above the principal type that actually realizes we were/are good for something! Thanks to all the veterans and may God bless!

I served my time in the USAF for 4 years (62-66). Hate it when some non server say "Thank you for your service". I proudly served my country then and would do it again. What's your excuse???????????

I can honestly say that this is the very first time I have ever heard of a veteran of the military of these United States say they hate it when a "non server" says thank you to them.

Disappointing.....to say the least.

By the way, I have no excuse, but I will continue to say thank you to ALL who served and continue to honor my family who served.

Thanks AGAIN!

I also served our country from 84-94, medical retirement/disability. And dont really know what to reply when thanked for my service. and also took off on saturday to ride in our parade thru downtown milw. weather was great for once. lots of parade watchers and pleanty of us at the lead on bikes. Had today off as my/the holiday and tried to go fishing and think.

Happy vet day to all. and thanx for your service

Back