free website stats program TFI setting question | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI setting question

martysnarf

Gents,

This question is regarding my TFI, and I have the one with the LED lights, not the pots.

I remember Glider saying that the Mode #1 (the single green LED light) setting that sets how much fuel is used during normal cruising "can be backed down considerably" to increase mileage. I took mine down 2 LED lights. Is that OK, or too much? Could I back them down even more?

Also- just FYI for those on here that might have this issue... I also got rid of the popping on decel by increasing my Mode 4 LEDs to ALL THE WAY to the right, as per the shop's recommendations. Mode 4 is the amount of fuel added on decel, and apparently the normal Stage 1 setting recommendation for the TFI does not allow enough fuel to be added to free-flowing pipes like my Rineharts. That seemed to do the trick. Just FYI for everyone.

My comment was for the pot style TFI and it was the yellow (pot 2) that it was in reference to. The green pot is basically for low to mid range fuel and can be backed of just a bit but the yellow one is the gas gobbler.

Increasing mode 4 puts the system into default and changes other settings as well so the decell fuel is altered that is added by the #1 pot to a different RPM.

Glider- do you- or anyone else on here have familiarity with the LED-style TFI? Perhaps I should change my green LED setting back to the recommendations?

Help??

Back