free website stats program TFI Question for those who have installed | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Question for those who have installed

RetNavyHD

I have all ready to go seat off tank lifted etc... and i'm looking at this and wondering what is the best way to run the wires to the injectors? Looking for help from those in the know to give me advice.

Thanks in advance

Ron

I have all ready to go seat off tank lifted etc... and i'm looking at this and wondering what is the best way to run the wires to the injectors? Looking for help from those in the know to give me advice.

Thanks in advance

Ron

Ron,

I used a coat hanger and a set of helping hands to run them right next to the wire tray on my RG. We took a long time to see if the tank was going to rub against them, but they didn't and so far they appear to be fine.

Adam
ATC(AW/SW)
USN(ret):small3d026:

I lifted the tank a bit and opened up the wire loom under the tank and laid them in there. Very easy to do and it protects the wires. It's just a plastic housing that snaps closed.

I ran mine through the frame looms with the cruise control cable

Thanks to all for your responses!! I beleive I got it, just have to finish up the screamin eagle A/C and I can get to playing with it.

Adam,

West coast sailor your whole career? All east coast here did just over 20 years 15 1/2 on ships was good when i was single.

Take care,

Ron
HTC(SW)
USN(ret)
1984-2005

Nobody else has mentioned this yet, but install the Screaming Chicken air cleaner before you put the tank back on. Removing the old air cleaner with the tank removed goes a whole lot smoother.

Thanks to all for your responses!! I beleive I got it, just have to finish up the screamin eagle A/C and I can get to playing with it.

Adam,

West coast sailor your whole career? All east coast here did just over 20 years 15 1/2 on ships was good when i was single.

Take care,

Ron
HTC(SW)
USN(ret)
1984-2005

Ron,

I did a year in VA when the Nimitz went in the yards for refueling the reactor, but other than that it was all West coast (the first 10 in P-3's, which was sailor heaven! :small3d026: )

Back