free website stats program Tfi problem? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi problem?

hogtyd

I have a tfi on my 07 lowrider. It does a great job and i am happy with it in every way but one. When i come to a stop as i am slowing down, i let go of the gas and pull the clutch in the motor comes down to about 1500 rpm and stays there for about 5 seconds before returning to a normal idle speed of about 1050. Is this a pot adjustment not right or what? (how about it glider gotany suggetions?)

It may not be the TFI. The ECU still is functioning normally, and may be responding to a dirty idle air control valve or something in the throttle positioning sensor. Those are the 2 main engine control functions that change things other than the fuel injector timing and spark timing. Glider or Chopper will have to give you the final say.

hogtyd what you experiencing could be a normal function of the bike unless you drive like that all the time and this is something new. When you pull the clutch in the load is taken off the engine but the rear wheel is still spinning, the speed sensor is telling the ecm that the bike is still moving so it's keeping the rpm's up higher. I notice that on the dyno if I pull the clutch lever in, it takes forever for the idle to go down just because the rear wheel is still traveling fast. I don't think it has anything to do with the TFI. Just my own thoughts.

THE TFI HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH any RPM change.... ONLY the fuel metered to the injectors.......Chopper is spot on....

MY 09 will keep the RPM up a bit when clutch is first pulled and coasting before it idles down at a stop....FUEL INJECTION is set up to work SLOW n POSITIVE when leaving off the handle grip droping RPM.... not to worry as it sounds NORMAL to me.......

AREN'T THOSE TFI's the CATS MEOW!

signed....BUBBIE

The cats meow, come on Bubbie, The cats meow?????? Is that a them there Harley technical terms:)

I have a tfi on my 07 lowrider. It does a great job and i am happy with it in every way but one. When i come to a stop as i am slowing down, i let go of the gas and pull the clutch in the motor comes down to about 1500 rpm and stays there for about 5 seconds before returning to a normal idle speed of about 1050. Is this a pot adjustment not right or what? (how about it glider gotany suggetions?)

The harley programming in the ECM cuts fuel on decel to minimize popping in the exhaust. At about the RPM you mention, it re introduces the fuel and this could be what you are feeling.

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I thought maybe the engine was running a little rich and it was just burning off the excess. What you said makes a lot more sense. It didn't do this until i put the tfi and the rush mufflers and the stage one air cleaner on her. Guess i will just have to get used to it. Other than this small quirk the bike runs great. Thanks for the help.

I have a 2007 Dyna fxd and i have the same problem,i have vance and hines 2-2 big radius and heavy breather. runs great called and got a tune from dobeck here it is and its awesome! pod1(2:30) pod2(3:00) pod3(4:00)pod4(7:00)

I have a 2007 Dyna fxd and i have the same problem,i have vance and hines 2-2 big radius and heavy breather. runs great called and got a tune from dobeck here it is and its awesome! pod1(2:30) pod2(3:00) pod3(4:00)pod4(7:00)

When the 4th pot is turned to 7:00 o’clock the software is instructed not to add fuel until 1250 RPM. Also,when setting the 4th pot at 7:00 o’clock the software automatically defaults to 4000
RPM (internally) to switch to the red LED pot (main jet fuel).

Thanks for the map noble, I will try it and will get back to you with the results.

Back