free website stats program TFI Mounting | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Mounting

Bud White

Retired Moderators
I know the instructions for pre 07 say put it under the right side cover.. On the 08 if you have ABS guess what it don't fit .. the other mount point for up to 07 and including 08 is under the seat but to me that makes it a pain in the rear to tune.. Seat of the pants works for everything but the Geen pot.

So here is where i mounted mine next to the Fuse Box like it was made for it
sorry little blurry on the top one i was trying to get a close up and it was little dark on this side of the bike ..
100_0180.jpg

100_0182.jpg

Nice job Bud, I found a great place once it's tuned is in front of the battery area with a cable tie on to the cross brace there. If you want to keep it out to tune it in, try a piece of stick on velcro either on the air filter cover or tank/console. When you are done, remove the velcro and attach the TFI in the place mentioned above.

Nice job Bud, I found a great place once it's tuned is in front of the battery area with a cable tie on to the cross brace there. If you want to keep it out to tune it in, try a piece of stick on velcro either on the air filter cover or tank/console. When you are done, remove the velcro and attach the TFI in the place mentioned above.

Not a bad ideal but there is like no room in front of the battery on this one buried under the Computer as well.. thats why i velcroed it there

On my Ultra I used a loop of tape and kept it on the dash for a few days while I got it dialed in. Then I was able to mount it under the seat right on top of the battery cover.

on my 09 ultra it is on the right side velcro'd under the side panel. right next to the battery on the chrome component. EZ to get to and to mount.

Nice job Bud. That location looks where the Smart Siren would clip into. If it is, good place to use if you don't have the siren.

Have fun and ride safe.

Nice job Bud. That location looks where the Smart Siren would clip into. If it is, good place to use if you don't have the siren.

Have fun and ride safe.

No smart Siren but it looks like it was made for that spot

In my above post I mistakenly said I mounted the TFI on my battery cover, it sits on top of my ECM held down with velcro.

HarleyMods002.jpg

Back