free website stats program TFI Installed | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Installed

oiler

Just installed Rinehart slip ons, Stage 1 Air Kit and TFI on my 09 Streetglide. Set the TFI at the recommended settings for these mods. Took it out for a spin and she runs like a dream. I remember reading somewhere on this site that you can cut back on one of the pods to get a snappy throttle response– I think the yellow one. I am pretty sure Glider has a thread somewhere but I can’t find it. Or Glider, can you respond to this one. Thanks.

Just installed Rinehart slip ons, Stage 1 Air Kit and TFI on my 09 Streetglide. Set the TFI at the recommended settings for these mods. Took it out for a spin and she runs like a dream. I remember reading somewhere on this site that you can cut back on one of the pods to get a snappy throttle response– I think the yellow one. I am pretty sure Glider has a thread somewhere but I can’t find it. Or Glider, can you respond to this one. Thanks.

How's the heat of the pipes now that you installed the TFI. Better or the same. I don't think that the new exhaust system is much better than the old one, as far a heat goes. IMO.

The yellow can be backed down quite a bit from the recommended setting as can be the red to but not as much on the red (#3)

How's the heat of the pipes now that you installed the TFI. Better or the same. I don't think that the new exhaust system is much better than the old one, as far a heat goes. IMO.

It's raining today and haven't had a chance to go for a good ride since the install. Anyway I think the heat issue is more for the passenger. My wife says that it's not hot at all compared to the older models we have ridden.

The yellow can be backed down quite a bit from the recommended setting as can be the red to but not as much on the red (#3)

Thanks Glider. It seems fine the way it is but I will try it to see if there is a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back