free website stats program TFI Help?? | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Help??

Ok all; I am the proud new owner of a 2010 Street Bob. I have yet to ride this bike. Due to work I will not even get a chance to sit on the bike until Sept. Having said that, I have read a lot of great posts about the TFI and I am convinced that this is going to be a must have. Some questions I am hoping some of you may be able to answer.

Would applying this before completing the break in period be a problem? I am thinking it may actually be better, but am unsure.

Second, will adding this negatively affect my warranty?

Congratulations on the new ride!. I can answer the 1st part of your question.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have installed it at the dealership when I took delivery of the bike when the odometer read 3 miles.. It is never too soon to make the mixtures better.

Others may be able to answer the 2nd part about warranty but I believe it won't be a problem at all.

Congratulations on the new ride!. I can answer the 1st part of your question.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have installed it at the dealership when I took delivery of the bike when the odometer read 3 miles.. It is never too soon to make the mixtures better.

Others may be able to answer the 2nd part about warranty but I believe it won't be a problem at all.
Thank you, thats what I was thinking. It just makes sense in my mind to break it in the way I am going to ride it.

If you have a warranty issue directly related to fuel mixture just unplug it.Other than that no problems with warranty
Thanks Steve, I believe I am going to go ahead and call them and see if I can take advantage of some of the discounts that I have read about on here. I appreciate your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would applying this before completing the break in period be a problem? I am thinking it may actually be better, but am unsure.

Second, will adding this negatively affect my warranty?

Like mentioned by Steve, just unplug and remove it if there is any warranty issues pertaining to fuel mixture so they can't shift the blame to you. Just remember if you go this route (unplugging) you may want to replace the stock air filter too or they may point to that as the cause of a problem without added fuel.

Like mentioned by Steve, just unplug and remove it if there is any warranty issues pertaining to fuel mixture so they can't shift the blame to you. Just remember if you go this route (unplugging) you may want to replace the stock air filter too or they may point to that as the cause of a problem without added fuel.
Thanks Glider, I havent changed anything else on the bike yet. I am currently looking for a replacement for the air cleaner. I am trying to find an round one. I dont care much for the shape of the stock one. May just leave it be for a while, other than the TFI. This is the first bike I have owned and I havent even been on a bike in 6 or 7 years. I may change more after I familiarize myself with the bike. Some things that I knew I would need we had the dealer put on. I am 6'2" so forward controls were on the top of the list. I also added saddle bags and the quick disconnect passenger seat and quick disconnect sissy bar. I got confirmation today that the bike will be delivered to the house tomorrow. I have asked my wife to send me pics so that I can post them here.

Thanks Glider, I havent changed anything else on the bike yet.
I am currently looking for a replacement for the air cleaner. I am trying to find an round one.
May just leave it be for a while, other than the TFI.
I have asked my wife to send me pics so that I can post them here.

Let me know HOW that works.... Wife taking pictures of the bike While She Is Off Riding it..... Ha ha.... I live in W. Washington,and would be Happy to ride your Bike Since You Can't, NOW that the weather HOT!..... Now that is what I call a good deal!!

I agree with the "ALL" and the TFI is a must on todays HD's Stock and Otherwise!

Like your thinking ahead like the seat and luggage quick change.

I have the Arlenness Big Suck air cleaner with a Nice Round heavy air cover that Arlen sells for his unit... I put it on my 2006 sporty Roadster and It LOOKs BAD!

Never did care for the football shaped covers.. The only thing is see is it is easy on the TC's to tell from the Evos.

Some of the air units like smitty901 has on His bike would look great on yours.. Smitty is Proud of his bike (and should be) He Might Post a picture for you to see.. How about it Smitty??

good ventures to you on your new Toy!

signed....BUBBIE

Let me know HOW that works.... Wife taking pictures of the bike While She Is Off Riding it..... Ha ha.... I live in W. Washington,and would be Happy to ride your Bike Since You Can't, NOW that the weather HOT!..... Now that is what I call a good deal!!

I agree with the "ALL" and the TFI is a must on todays HD's Stock and Otherwise!

Like your thinking ahead like the seat and luggage quick change.

I have the Arlenness Big Suck air cleaner with a Nice Round heavy air cover that Arlen sells for his unit... I put it on my 2006 sporty Roadster and It LOOKs BAD!

Never did care for the football shaped covers.. The only thing is see is it is easy on the TC's to tell from the Evos.

Some of the air units like smitty901 has on His bike would look great on yours.. Smitty is Proud of his bike (and should be) He Might Post a picture for you to see.. How about it Smitty??

good ventures to you on your new Toy!

signed....BUBBIE
lol, I hear ya Bubbie, that is nice of you to volunteer to ride the bike for me. I think that I am goingto pass though. I am hoping that I can still get some ride time when I get home in Sept.

I will go check out the Arlen Ness stuff. I looked at the V&H intakes and I like the round one that they have, but have not settled on anything yet.

I will go see if I can find Smitty's profile, maybe he has pics posted on it.

Thank you for your input.

Also...when you get the bike in Sep...don't forget to follow glider's recommended new engine break-in process. You'll be pleased...!

Awesome, thanks for all the help guys. I have decided to go with the Vance and Hines Duke intake. I compared the Duke adn the SE Heavy Breather looks and I like the look of the Duke better. Do any of you have any opinions based on performance that I should consider? The other part of it, as I look at the SE Heavy Breather I cant help but think that since I have forward controls on the bike that I would have an issue with it making my right knee uncomfortable. I am 6"2" tall with a 34" inseam, just looks like it would be in the way. What say you?

Ok guys, I called in my order today and got the TFI for $150.00 plus a couple bucks for shipping!! I also went ahead and ordered the Vance and Hines VO2 Duke air cleaner. Got the Black one, my bike is Black Denim so it ought to look nice. Now I will tell you all this, Sept cant get here fast enough.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back