free website stats program TFI EJK working? | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI EJK working?

TQuentin1

Staff member
Hey guys!

I have an EJK on my '12 Ultra Classic (FLHTCU103) that I installed shortly after getting this bike in July '15. Initially, my fuel mileage dropped to around 31 1/2 mpg. Over the last half year or so, it has slowly increased to over 34 mpg with many reading over 35 and approaching 36 mpg. I have also noticed the return of the decel popping I had BEFORE I got the EJK. I do not believe my riding style has changed.

How do I check and confirm the EJK is working?

Cheers,

TQ

TQ; On my older Doebeck, there's a led light on the unit that lights when it is adding fuel. Normally it is off, but revving the engine will make it come on briefly. I don't know if your newer model has this.

TQ; On my older Doebeck, there's a led light on the unit that lights when it is adding fuel. Normally it is off, but revving the engine will make it come on briefly. I don't know if your newer model has this.
To clarify: Mine has 2 (?) potentiometers that control the points of adding fuel. So if I turn one way up it will be adding fuel, but the light won't come on until it demands more than the current setting. clear as mud?

I have the Gen 4 (the good version, not the early one that left a few stranded) and it works flawlessly I can adjust on the fly. On any Doebeck fueler you can remove the ground wire and that will disable the fueler. If your bike runs the same as when it was grounded your fueler isn't working. Contact them and they will talk you through adjusting it or they will tell you to send it back if they think it is defective. Great people to deal with.

How many miles on the bike? Could it be going lean do to the fuel filter is restricted?
I had a RoadKing that began to backfire on deceleration, it had a stage 1 upgrade.
At 15,000 mile area I was told not to worry about the fuel filter, and that they never change them.
Well mine was restricted, drove the engine lean, increased the mpg and backfired under decal, sometimes like a shooting a gun.
Replace the filter and the extended crank time and backfire went away.
be worth looking into.

Back