free website stats program TFI and Mustang Seats | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI and Mustang Seats

GroundHawg

I'm thinking real hard about doing a stage I on my FLSTC. If I do I'll probably go with the TFI. I thought I read somewhere that there was an issue mounting the TFI on a softail with a Mustang seat. Anyone know if that is really the case?

GroundHawg,

We are unaware of any mounting complications with Mustang seats, but this would have to be wide spread for all controllers then since we have one of the smallest units on the market.

You may give some thought to installing it behind the fender panel on the softails where the other electronics are located.

Two screws at the bottom and it slides out.

Dobeck's products are super compact - pretty much same size as card deck. Take a packaged deck to your bike & see where it fits - I'm sure there's plenty of room under seat, or other locations (like glider suggests).

GroundHawg,

We are unaware of any mounting complications with Mustang seats, but this would have to be wide spread for all controllers then since we have one of the smallest units on the market.

Great! The controllers do look pretty compact.

You may give some thought to installing it behind the fender panel on the softails where the other electronics are located.

Two screws at the bottom and it slides out.

I'll have to take a look - I may be back with a follow up question on this :D

Thanks to everyone for the replies! I'll let you know how it works out.

Been looking under the seat - its pretty tight. There are 5 rubber bumpers on the seat bottom, 4 of them sit on the frame rails, the other sits on top of the battery.

Glider - on your suggestion - are you talking about the space between the oil tank and the plastic guard that sits between the tire and the oil tank? That looks promising. The EFI is mounted to a piece of plastic that is mounted in an opening in rear fender but the back side of it is open to the rear tire - I'd be afraid to mount anything there.

If that doesn't make sense I'll try to take a pic of the area.

GroundHawg cold you post picture when you get it mounted? I just ordered a Gen 3 TFI for my 07 FLSTC, pictures would be nice to see the best place to mount it.

Back