free website stats program Texas | Harley Davidson Forums

Texas

kemo

R.I.P
Planning on spending the winter in Texas. Looking for recommendations for RV parks that offer a 4 month winter package that accept a dog and a Harley. Would like to be south and an hour or so from the gulf. I will need a large site, we have a 39 foot toy hauler. A pull through site would be nice so I can unload and load the bike. Would like some riding buds.
Thanks
kemo

Sounds like you want to winter in the Houston area, which is about an hour from Galveston (depending on which side of town you end up in). In Sugar Land it's a nice ride down HWY 6 to the coast, wide 6 lane road, very little traffic (once you get out of Sugar Land).

I'd be happy to ride with you, very accessible to San Antonio, Austin, great state parks.

Here is a link to a campground that is clean and always full.

Find a Park

Let us know what you decide!

GG

A word of caution - there is a chance that once you come here, you may never leave so plan accordingly.

There are several excellent RV parks around lake Conroe where I live and, they like bike people just fine. Here, in Conroe, you are 88 miles from the seawall in Galveston or a little less to Trinity Bay/Bolivar penninsula. An easy hour and a half ride at the max. We, (Traci and I) do it in less.

I'll look today and get you some phone#s and names. Conroe incidentally is a great hop off point for many desitnations around Texas without all the traffic and hassle of Houston. I love that city but, thats what it is. Theres plenty to do there but its busy.... and the traffic is horrific.

Heres a goog of some of them. Castaways is, from what I've heard, a nice safe place. Once you narrow it down, I'd be glad to take a ride out and scope it out for you.

http://www.google.com/search?q=conroe%2C+texas+%2Brv+park&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLA_en

By the way, we like Canadians here... they taste just like chicken. ;)

regards, m

I don't really know much about the RV parks, but the wife and I really enjoy the Port Aransas/Rockport/Corpus Christie area. It's not as crowded as the Houston area, and there are lots of "snowbirds" that flock down there in the winter.

Plus, if you're into nature, the Aransas Wildlife Refuge is the winter home to whooping cranes and tons of other migratory birds.

Back