free website stats program temp gage not working all the time | Harley Davidson Forums

temp gage not working all the time

bigdaddy2

I have a 2008 ultra classic and some time it works fine and some times it dont. I thought maybe it might be the battery but everything else seems to work fine.

I would think a battery problem would manifest itself in other more noticeable ways than your temperature gauge being intermittent. If you're concerned about your battery you should load test it. You're riding an '08 - if it's the original battery it's probably time to think about a replacement.

Now to your gauge problem. My first question would be when did it start doing this? Was it working perfect and then just started doing this or has it slowly gotten worse? Have you checked all the connections? What was the last maintenance or modification you did before this started?

If it is just the one guage I would take off my outer fairing and check the connector.It is very easy to get to,just a short wire behind the guage.Undo the connector clean it and put a bit of dyelectric grease on it before putting it back together.HD does not seal them very well and corrosion in the pins can be a problem.

Back