free website stats program Tell us about your Toy Hauler | Harley Davidson Forums

Tell us about your Toy Hauler

eleft36

I'd like to hear about Toy Hauler pros or cons.

How much do they get used?

Are they convenient?

Do they tow well, loaded?

an interesting travel concept.:)

Al

For those of you who aren't sure what this means....(Hope you don't mind my butting in)

toy-hauler-module-img.jpg

Toy Hauler: The Sport Utility Trailer, or more commonly known as the Toy Hauler, is the newest RV on the market. These units feature sleeping/living quarters in the front and room in the back for hauling ATVs, motorcycles or other "toys" for use at another destination.

SIZE: 26 to 27 feet. COST: $18,000 to $23,000.

Thanks,

I thought every biker knows about these.
I hope someone has personal Toy Hauler experience to share.
Al

If you go to forestriverinc.com you will find that they manufacture many different toy haulers in steel frame and aluminum. In their UScargo division they build a lower cost toy hauler that looks like a cargo trailer from the outside. They also manufacture a nice luggage trailer to tow behind your bike.Anyone interested in any of these can pm me and I will get you the best price on them. Sorry about the self promotion .

Steve0,
Thanks for the best price offer.

What I'm looking for is some feed back from personal travel experience with a toy hauler RV.

I've checked out almost every brand I could find on the Internet.

Al

Steve0,
Thanks for the best price offer.

What I'm looking for is some feed back from personal travel experience with a toy hauler RV.

I've checked out almost every brand I could find on the Internet.

Al

Google Toy Hauler and you will come up with review pages of people's trips with them pros and cons:)

We have a Desert Fox 19' Toy Hauler and love it. Very convienent and well laid out with lots of storage space. I use it a lot because I am a photographer and sell my work at Art Shows etc. This not only hauls my bike but also is my living space at shows.

It does cost extra to pull a rig like this and Toy haulers are heavy and high as the Queen bed goes up against the ceiling on rails and the 'toys" go under. You know you are towing. Mileage on my Diesel 4x4 Dodge goes from 20mpg unloaded to about 13mpg with the rig behind.

Also I am 61 so I invested in this unit because we plan to travel more when I retire next year.

My 2 cents worth is this: If you figure the price of a Toy Hauler and the extra fuel price and something to haul it you are much better off driving your bike, just getting a Motel and eating out in most circumstances. If you just want to haul your bike you are still better off getting a SMALL tow behind trailer. BUT, if you got time and or a business where you can call it a business expense and 'use it all the time it makes a lot of sense.

WOW Hob........I notice the ground is wet! Does it rain often where you are??

:lero:lero:lero

RichardS...rain or fog in Britain...hmmm think they invented it there? Only place comparable here with more is Hawaii...or Washington State. :small3d023:

Back when I was in the Air Force, I spent some time at Mildenhall RAFB and we called it moldy hole RAFB. Always raining or foggy.:D

I have a 25' 5th wheel sportsmen sportster by KZ. I love it, we go to NASCAR races with it and have the bikes get around with, much better in traffic.We do long weekends to ride other places.My dad has land on a lake that we use it for and it's nice to have the bikes. And hopefully Daytona next year. I love it but you have to use it to be worth it.

Back