free website stats program tell me what u think ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

tell me what u think ??

QS78

Hi all,

im totally newbie and considering getting 1200C

I liked the bike's look and this is maximum i can afford ...

im 6 feet and 175lb ...

what u think about the choice in general? and in terms of my size?

thnxx

If you get the 1200, you should get a biger seat. I just bought an 04 sporster 1200C and I'm 5'5" and I feel little cramped

I'm 5'11" & about 170000000 lbs :D
i put forewards on my Nightster but it still felt cramped so i changed the seat & it fits me fine now.

Hi all,

im totally newbie and considering getting 1200C

I liked the bike's look and this is maximum i can afford ...

im 6 feet and 175lb ...

what u think about the choice in general? and in terms of my size?

thnxx

I'm also 6 feet tall but heftier than you! I rode a 1200C for awhile but found it was only good for about an hour and a half before I just started to feel crowded on it. Can't think of a better word for it. Got a Street Glide now that fits like a glove. You don't mention if you're buying new or used.

thnx all guys for the responses ...

If it were 1200, yeas it may brand new ... anything else cant afford unless used!!

thnx all guys for the responses ...

If it were 1200, yeas it may brand new ... anything else cant afford unless used!!

If it were me, I'd buy something bigger (Dyna, Softail, Touring) used. Too many people (me included) jump on a Sportster because it's affordable, even new, and end up losing money upgrading to a different model very soon afterwards.

I love my 1200C; I'm 6ft and 150lbs, I regularly ride 600+ miles in a day on the stock saddle and I have never had any problems.
The bike fits me like a glove.
I bought the Sportster because it was the bike I wanted, not because of economic constraints.
I chose the custom model because of the forward controls (and all the chrome). I love all Harleys but I wanted something fast and nimble and I find the other models a little cumbersome.
The only thing I would recommend as a must if you are to carry passengers, is a removable sissy bar and maybe, if you are going to have pillions for more than a few hours an alternative seat for the pillion's sake.
I might in the future get a bigger model (ie. Rocker) for the hell of it but I will always keep my Sporty.

I love my 1200C; I'm 6ft and 150lbs, I regularly ride 600+ miles in a day on the stock saddle and I have never had any problems.
The bike fits me like a glove.
I bought the Sportster because it was the bike I wanted, not because of economic constraints.
I chose the custom model because of the forward controls (and all the chrome). I love all Harleys but I wanted something fast and nimble and I find the other models a little cumbersome.
The only thing I would recommend as a must if you are to carry passengers, is a removable sissy bar and maybe, if you are going to have pillions for more than a few hours an alternative seat for the pillion's sake.
I might in the future get a bigger model (ie. Rocker) for the hell of it but I will always keep my Sporty.

The Sporty is 580-590 lbs fully gassed, most other Harleys are 700 lbs plus. For a small rider like me at 5' 6" and 135 lbs I had to deal with lowering the bike and get COG down...but you guys being taller probably will like the higher seat height, decent power and weight, although the features are rather "spartan" or minimalist on this model.

I was a Metric rider only 3 months ago, but I really like my '04 XL1200R which addressed all my "nits" with HDs I test drove in the past. I like the rubber mounted engine (less vibes), cast wheels (less maintenance), dual disc brakes (two finger squeeze like my Metric bike), the 4.5 gal tank from an '05 XL1200C w/much more torque and easier to ride than my '93 Suzuki Katana, and my gal who is 5' 2" and 115 lbs prefers the Harley...whats not to like! :D

Back