free website stats program Tallboy backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

Tallboy backrest

Fireguy

I just got my tallboy seat and love it. (should have done it sooner) For the guys that have them will any non adjustable backrest work for this seat. (2008 ultra classic) I know it sits you back 2 inches, and did not know if all backrests will adjust that far.

I have the tallboy seat with the nonadjustable rider back rest and it works great. There are not many of us out there with the tallboy seat. What other mods have you made to accommodate your height?

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than in church thinking about my motorcycle.

finally! someone with a tallboy seat!
glad yo hear that you like this seat. i am contemplating buying one for my RKC (i'm 6'2") ... but the fact that one needs to purchase, with no option of return, before knowing if it's gonna be the right seat for you bothers me. even the dealerships rarely have one in stock to even take a look at. in fact, i've never seen one except in a catalog picture.
have been to a few harley events and searched in vein for a bike with a tallboy. no luck.
i have asked at dealerships & have been told that they do accept the rider back rest with no problem. it also states this in the catalog.
please post some pics of yours, if you can. and let everyone here know how that back rest works for you when you get it.

... umm, meant to say that the seat does accepct the rider backrest but not the adjustable style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have heard that Corbins are hard at first but when broke in are a great seat. I think I may go that route eventually.

Nevertheless since it was asked. I have a tallboy seat that I got a smoking deal on. A buddy bought it by mistake and he's about 5'8" and could barely reach his bars with it. So.....he asked me (6'7") if I would like to try it. I did and its' amazing how comfortable it is . Used to get sore knees after an hour on the road. Since the new seat road 9 hours straight and was not a problem at all. I also put on the extended footboards. Amazing difference a few inches makes. :D

Back