free website stats program Taking advantage of strong Canadian dollar to buy parts | Harley Davidson Forums

Taking advantage of strong Canadian dollar to buy parts

sanec1

I am wondering how to best take advantage of the dollars strength to purchase parts. I would prefer not to drive but would consider that. I'm located fairly close to Buffalo, New York. I found it less expensive to order parts for an upgrade through Herko than my local Harley dealer even with the shipping. Anyone who has had experience with this I would appreciate you sharing. Thanks

I buy a lot of my parts when I am snowbirding in Florida. Dunlop Elite 3 rear tire $110 shipped, H/D black oil filters $8.95, H/D spark plugs $3.95, Mobil 1 Vtwin oil on sale $8.99. The sales tax in Florida is 6%. I used to have a post office box in Michigan that I would have a lot of goodies shipped to. MailBoxes etc is better then a US post office box because UPS will not deliver to a PO Box. Actually I think the post office will not accept UPS deliveries.
kemo

Here in Manitoba people ship things to a parcel depot that's 4 miles south of the border and then drive across to pick it up. Most places that offer free shipping only ship to the lower 48 states so this way I can still get free shipping.

If you buy through M & M cycles, they ship fedex air and there are no duty fees.

++On M&M - they're one of the best to work with. I just ordered my LA Chopper breather from them @ $50 less than anywhere else (w/shipping). Definitely gr8 service & pricing!!!

I always ask for USPS (U.S. Postal Service) shipping if I have an option. Their shipping is cheap and they don't charge the brokerage fees at the border. I HATE UPS because of the high brokerage fees they charge at the border.

All of you Canadians who came up with such great ways to get cheaper parts bother to ask yourself why those parts cost so much more in Canada. Our dollar is almost equal to the U.S. green back and yet we pay up to 50% more for the same thing. I sure wish Deely Imports didn't have their sweetheart deal with Harley and have phoned both Deely and Harley in the U.S. All you get is spin and bull from both. I drive an American model (serial # starts with a 1) and will go out of my way to not use Harley parts when possible. Now that I have more time on my hands I'll be travelling to the U.S. more and more because unfortunately they treat biker's better there then here.

Well you gotta remember, Deeley Canada "has" to get their 30% (thereabouts) cut on every purchase. I use Chicago HD for 99% of purchases - except anything I need immediately, or under $25 (what can you get at a Cdn Harley dealer for under $25 lol - a filter..that's about it)

Here's a challenge to all Canadian's. Phone Deely Imports and ask them why they charge Canadian's so much for everything Harley and why they feel they need so much profit. Greedy so and so's. Fred Deely is dead and the deal he made with Harley should have died with him.

Wow, didn't realize how good we got it here in the good old USA. Hope you guys get what you need at a good price.

Thorns

Back