free website stats program Take the back roads!!!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Take the back roads!!!!!!

Me and my girl always take a summer trip. Last summer we went to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The year before was Maine and year before that was the Carolina's. I think the neatest thing about these trips is my girl will not ride on the freeways. We live in Ohio and she rides her own 2003 Dyna Super Glide Sport. I have a Heritage. I set her bike up with a windshield and stereo and she loves it. The first year we set out she said no freeways, I thought oh my we will never make it out of Ohio! We did, we rocked it. Last year we put on around 2100 in 6 days. We saw 7 different states and had a blast! The Blue Ridge Pkwy is one of the most beautiful rides Iv'e ever done. Views were great, weather was great! One morning we left the hotel, it was cloudy, we rode about an hour in the fog, we rode above the clouds. It was sweet!! Once up there you could see for miles, nothing but blue above us. Later in the morning we went back down threw it and were below them the rest of the day. Every year it seems to get bigger and more fun. Nothing yet planned for next year but a lot of ideas. For anyone thinking of the Blue Ridge, do it, you wont be sorry. We also did the Devil's Triangle and the Tail of the Dragon. Both decent riding but not my favorite out of the trip! 2100 in six days doesn't seem like a lot but figure we were in small city's doing 20-25 mph at some points of the trip. I love the back roads and will never give them up. You meet the coolest people! If your out there and see us, come up introduce yourself, say hello!! So if there is ever any doubt in your head....Take the back roads!!!

I agree, back roads or by ways are the only way to travel even by car. This past Sept, a friend and I did a 3500 mile ride in 11 days through Northern Calif, Eastern Oregon, A lot of Idaho, Montana, and Eastern Washington and only used a major freeway one time coming out of Boise for about 40 miles because there was no back road. We camped out 9 of the 11 days so the back roads is where you find the best campgrounds.

We went to Maine a few years ago, that was sweet. I recommend the White Mountains in New Hampshire. That was a very nice ride. Great roads, great weather and great scenery. we hooked up with American Legion post 7 which is very close to this area. I am also an American Legion member. They were on a run for the club. They invited us back to their clubhouse for food music and fun. It was a great time. Were gonna head back there soon. I'd like to explore Maine a little more. we were only able to cross the border just a few miles and had to loop back around due to time restrictions. Great time, get out East if you can.

Me and my girl always take a summer trip. Last summer we went to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The year before was Maine and year before that was the Carolina's. I think the neatest thing about these trips is my girl will not ride on the freeways. We live in Ohio and she rides her own 2003 Dyna Super Glide Sport. I have a Heritage. I set her bike up with a windshield and stereo and she loves it. The first year we set out she said no freeways, I thought oh my we will never make it out of Ohio! We did, we rocked it. Last year we put on around 2100 in 6 days. We saw 7 different states and had a blast! The Blue Ridge Pkwy is one of the most beautiful rides Iv'e ever done. Views were great, weather was great! One morning we left the hotel, it was cloudy, we rode about an hour in the fog, we rode above the clouds. It was sweet!! Once up there you could see for miles, nothing but blue above us. Later in the morning we went back down threw it and were below them the rest of the day. Every year it seems to get bigger and more fun. Nothing yet planned for next year but a lot of ideas. For anyone thinking of the Blue Ridge, do it, you wont be sorry. We also did the Devil's Triangle and the Tail of the Dragon. Both decent riding but not my favorite out of the trip! 2100 in six days doesn't seem like a lot but figure we were in small city's doing 20-25 mph at some points of the trip. I love the back roads and will never give them up. You meet the coolest people! If your out there and see us, come up introduce yourself, say hello!! So if there is ever any doubt in your head....Take the back roads!!!
My buddy took the trip from Ohio up to Laconia N.H. bike week few yrs. back & said it was beautiful county other then the rain in May . I think I would ride up to northeast in June or July when that rainy season is less .

I like the back roads for the change of pace and small cafes

This is too funny - most of us living in the East have a ride out West in the Rockies on OUR bucket lists!

Ya Doc, I guess the Rockies are pretty appealing. I've driven out east in a car but listening to some here describe the scenery and twisting roads out east I'll have to take a look see.:s

Back