free website stats program Take it slow at Toll Booths | Harley Davidson Forums

Take it slow at Toll Booths

Camron

They can be a bit tricky, stay in the left tire track area and catch yourself slow.Take off slow as well, these area are quit oily.

We do not have any around here but ill try and keep that in mind if ever travelling, thanks.Any other things to watch out for like that?I have never been around too much just back roads here and all.

I second that tip. I remember when I went from her to PA I had to go through a lot of Toll Booths and I did almost drop the bike on the first one that I went through. I did not even consider the thought that they might be slick and I got one hell of a shock.

I never been through one of those either untill my visit to FL. Have I been hiding under a rock or are these pretty scarce?Who here has them in your state?

Man I sure wish I knew that before I started riding, I had to learn this the hard way, but I was always careful so it was not too bad, but thanks for the great tip, Im sure many of us will benefit.

There are a lot of toll roads around here where I live so I had to almost immediately figure out how to drive safely in these areas. The tips you shared are exactly what I do even though nobody ever told me that this is what you should do. Thanks for sharing!

I think it is great that you guys post these helpful little tidbits around the forum. We have many tollbooths here but there are lots of side road so you can avoid them.

After I think about it ,it should be common sense thing huh? But I would not have ever thought about it at all! Thanks so much for posting this. Keep them coming you guys!

I have never ridden my bike through one of those before. We don't have any around here. But I will try to remember to stay to the left if I ever go through one. Thanks for the tip.

Along those same lines do not go flying through the easypass lanes. My friend got two tickets for going through too fast. They read your transponder from easy pass as you go through and in many places they snap pics of your lisence plate too. Two big tickets and he is way more careful now!

Back