free website stats program Tail of the Dragon on Discovery Channel | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail of the Dragon on Discovery Channel

Breeze3at

Experienced Member
Discovery channel had a show on last night called Hell0 Roads. It had about 5 min. piece on the Tail of the Dragon (US129 NC/TN). Nothin' great but showed several crashes happening. It will be on again Sat. and Sun.

I watched that with nothing short of awe. I can just picture me riding along on that road with my nice bike coming around a corner and seeing an 18 wheeler taking up the entire road because they're too big to negotiate the corner on just their side. For the life of me I can not understand why the authorities have not addressed this simply by banning big rigs from such a narrow, curvy roadway.

robermv32 ; I saw an article recently about that very issue. It said that 18 wheelers are now banned. Can't remember what website I saw it on. I'll try to find it and post a link.
Chek this out. A little info bout NC banning trucks. Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.

Thanks for that link SixPak. I knew there was a reason I haven't gone there yet. I'll wait another couple of years until the Truckers finally get the message.

I thought they outlawed big rigs years ago from that road. On youtube they have some pretty interesting videos.

Back