free website stats program tail light, turn signal | Harley Davidson Forums

tail light, turn signal

saintNH

Anybody know if you can put the tail light/turn signal from a road king on a fatboy fender? I know the turn signal bar has bolts, but if it will line up I can drill it to mount.
WAP.gif

From what I've seen you can usually customize things to fit someway or another, but it's hard to tell without actually seeing it. Do you have any pics of exactly what you are trying to do?

I am trying to use the tail light and turn signals from an 02 rk on my 01 fatboy. I don't have any pics because I don't have the part yet. I'm pretty sure at least the tail light will work because its the same style, its the turn signal bar I'm more worried about. It mounts to the fender right below the tail light. Just not sure if the rk fender has a special impression in it for it to fit into or if it just has holes for the bolts.
WAP.gif

The RK fender has impressions in it for the signals but you could probably adapt it to fit the FB.
The believe the tail light is a bit different too.
$%28KGrHqMOKn%21E2eoyqyCbBNqCgnHpZQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqIOKkIE224q-BqNBN5+6yu%21Mg%7E%7E_12.JPG

I am looking at a rk right now and it does have impressions for the turn signal but they are very small. They only sink in less than 1/8". I think I can just drill the holes and be fine. I'll post the results when I do it in case anyone else wants to try this. The reason for doing this is because I just got some rk hard bags and need to move the turn signals. I ordered the cycle visions bagger tail bracket kit to mount them.
WAP.gif

Back