free website stats program Tachometer for 2007 883L | Harley Davidson Forums

Tachometer for 2007 883L

Pilot

Finally started to ride my 883L. I Relocated the turn signals with the Easy Brackets kit, put on saddlebags (U.S. Saddlebags - very pleased with them and the company) and installed the run/brake/turn signal module for the rear lights. Now.. I find I could use a tachometer. I know many will say listen to the engine and learn the best shift points from the speedometer. However, I'm trying to protect what little hearing I have left and use ear plugs when I ride. The HD tach looks good but I've also seen the Dakota Digital tach and like its simple speedometer swap installation. Anybody have experience with Dakota Digital products or suggestions for a tach installation? Thanks!

Pilot

Dakota Digital has some nice instruments but some have problems seeing them in direct sunlight.

As Hobbit says, if matching the stock HD Speedo...the stock HD Tach would be fine, and no integration problems. Also leaves space near your M/C for the new electronic fuel guage HD is offering in black or chrome. Or you could opt for fuel tank console like some of the others have done and mount a tach there...plenty of options if you let the mind wander!:newsmile093:

Back