free website stats program tach question | Harley Davidson Forums

tach question

Ian Wayne

Any advice on a good quality tach for my 02 Wide Glide, something preferably lit and not digital,a medium sized one would be great?? Thanx. Ian..

Hey Ian, I got this aftermarket tach, it is simply awesome and 1/4 of the price of H-D tach. I got this installed on my 06' night train, all I did was make a custom bracket to install between the handle bar clamp and it seat just in front of my drag bar. The thing works great and I never get tired of just the same color, also I have riden my bike in a major down pour and it is fine, just make sure you use some silicone to seal up where the wire plugs into the back.. GlowShift model 334, just google the thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a HD tach (approx 2.5 inch face, black face, white letters) on my WG about 4 years ago. I’m very happy with my the tac but I did exchange it for a new one about 2 months after it was installed. The first tach had a lot of condensation in it and the dealer swapped me a new one. As I recall, I used a HD bracket for a softail for a tach mount.

thanks shovelhd!! i've heard of those glowshift tachs before and i'm told that their easy to read and mount i just need to find one here in Toronto thanx also Threesteps for your advice.i'm new here but this is the best Harley site bar none!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobra tach

Does anyone have one of these on a Dyna? I have an 07 WG with detachable windshield and w/s bag and the HD tach won't work. The J&P catalog says the tach will work with most Dynas but the Cobra site doesn't indicate this.

It looks like the mount replaces the riser clamps which would put the tach between the mounts not in front towards the w/s bag. The w/s bag comes in too handy for me and I am not giving it up but wouldn't mind having a tach.

I seem to recall that some softails use some of the WG front end. Cobra lists the tach for Softails so maybe it would work. I know I could just ask Cobra but I would rather hear it from some one who actually uses it.

Re: Cobra tach

Does anyone have one of these on a Dyna? I have an 07 WG with detachable windshield and w/s bag and the HD tach won't work. The J&P catalog says the tach will work with most Dynas but the Cobra site doesn't indicate this.

It looks like the mount replaces the riser clamps which would put the tach between the mounts not in front towards the w/s bag. The w/s bag comes in too handy for me and I am not giving it up but wouldn't mind having a tach.

I seem to recall that some softails use some of the WG front end. Cobra lists the tach for Softails so maybe it would work. I know I could just ask Cobra but I would rather hear it from some one who actually uses it.

I bought the speedo/tach combo from HD it was pricey but worth it. It was a 30 min. install.

Re: Cobra tach

formmike56.. Thats a nice glide you've got!! How much extra power did you get after porting and polishing and other engine work you did,and were did you purchase your braided lines.man their pricey here in Canada?...Ian

Back