free website stats program synthetic oil $$$ | Harley Davidson Forums

synthetic oil $$$

cavs1429

I always used amsoil synthetic in all my bikes i paid around $12.00 a qrt. with great results. But today i went with spectro synthetic w20 50 platium and the spectro six speed trans oil. w20 50 was $1700 a qrt and the trans oil was $22.00 qrt (EDIT) i thought amsoil was expensive!!!!!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a sad state in our country when we have to pay that kind of money for what was a decade or so ago pennies on the dollar. I just paid $8.99 a qt for the Mobile1 20w50. Waiting for my Spectro 6 speed ($20.95 @ qt) and Heavy Duty primary ($9.95 @ qt) from Spectroshop.com. Nobody in my 75 mile radius carries what I need. Spectroshop.com seemed fair I guess.

He may be including his S&H in the unit price above. Sometimes if you get over a certain spend, S&H is gratis. So ask your buddies if you can get their oil for them and pool together for a larger quantity.

Next time try Bob's Cycle Supply. His price is around $12 for the engine oil and $16.50 for the tranny 6-spd (both Platinum - full syn.).

Oils - MX Gear, Motocross Gear, Spectro, Oils at Bob's Cycle

TQ

I agree with TQ. I buy my oil from Bob's and get free shipping. usually buy enough for 6 to 12 months at a shot.

Bobs_Oil.png

I know it can be a pain, but you just gotta shop around.
It's even harder to find any deals on oil up here in Canada.:(

Who are you accusing of being dishonest and why?

I'm not Smitty but my guess would be Amsoil, for their "over the Top" claims.

I actually use Amsoil 2 cycle oil in my mini racing boats with Great results. But I would not base their entire product line on just one item.

Back