free website stats program Synthetic Oil Shelf Life | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Shelf Life

Ozman

Does fresh synthetic oil and new filter installed when winterizing hold up over the winter, or is it better to replace both in the spring before spring riding?

Best to do it before the winter layup to remove any acids in the oil that can attack the bearings and get any sludge out of the motor.

Think he is. Wants to know if it's ok to use that oil in Spring time or change it again.

Hoop!

I would take the bike for a ride after I changed the oil to get it all through the motor. Then if you have to park it for the winter all should be fine. At least you got that last ride in. Maybe that will hold you over for the winter?

I would take the bike for a ride after I changed the oil to get it all through the motor. Then if you have to park it for the winter all should be fine. At least you got that last ride in. Maybe that will hold you over for the winter?
hi guys all i see is short term storage in the self help. I plan to deploy to Iraq in march will the fresh oil in crank case be ok for a year and stabule fuel tank? also i found stabule spray in the cylinder area i think this is a good idea.

Long term, maybe use a GoldenRod to keep it dry and maybe take the weight off the tires. Maybe spray some corrosion X on the chrome and other vitals. Breathable cover (cotton sheet).

Will it be Completely unattended in storage or do you have someone around

hi guys all i see is short term storage in the self help. I plan to deploy to Iraq in march will the fresh oil in crank case be ok for a year and stabule fuel tank? also i found stabule spray in the cylinder area i think this is a good idea.
Thanks for your service rjsogard!!!!!!!!! Best of luck to you and GOD's speed!!!!!!

Back