free website stats program Sylvania "Ultra" bulbs.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Sylvania "Ultra" bulbs....

lakeforktx

Anybody try these before ? Looking for a upgrade on my headlight on my 04 EG. I can't afford the high dollor HID.. The package says 50% brighter than stock..seems an easy upgrade, got to be better than tha stock bulb... also can you upgrade the spot lights ? What do ya'll think ..Thanks...

I use the Osram 55/100 H4 bulb, 55 watts (low beam) is stock and high beam is 100 watt (35 more than stock)... Never had a issue of meeting traffic flashing there high beams, only used high beam a couple of time this year (eye issues and don't ride at night) but it was kinda nice, fact is, if the 100 watt isn't bright enough than maybe your riding to fast... JMO

Well I ordered the 80/100 from German Auto, lot cheaper than wally World , hope it has good life.. read other post about very short bulb life. I'am going to try it and see what happens... Thanks for the help...........................

I installed the Osram & so far it's done a good job... be careful to not touch the bulb with your bare fingers as the slightest oil from your skin will create a hot spot & the bulb will not live long. Also use dielectric grease on the termination.

I think you'll be very happy with the Osrams. They're really bright but haven't had problems with people flashing me when on low beam. Used the for 1 1/2 years and they haven't burned out.

Thats good news, What if I wear rubber gloves when I put it in , or wipe it down with alcohol to make sure there are no oil from my skin , just in case..???

When you access and remove the old bulb, make sure the socket, contact and wiring are okay. You can burnish/scrape contacts clean and use dielectric grease to prevent moisture intrusion in the contact area.

Use a clean paper towel or white cotten tee shirt to cover new bulb and install, if the little metal tab interferes, snip it off with a flush cut diagonal cutter.

Back