free website stats program swril & scratch remover | Harley Davidson Forums

swril & scratch remover

mcbur1

I Have the vivid black paint on my bike. Did anyone ever use Bar clay to remove swril marks on the paint? If so how did in work?

From my experience, the clay bar will not remove any scratches or swirls in the paint. I have used them numerous times on cars, and they remove contaminants in the paint that wax does not remove, such as small particles that fall out from the atmosphere. When you use it, the clay turns dark as it picks up the dirt. Afterwards, the paint feels smoother than you can imagine.

For scratches and swirls, I really like the Harley swirl and scratch remover. It seems very gentle for light marks. If that isn't strong enough, use a little 3M rubbing compound. I always use these products by hand, expecially on a bike since the surface area is small.

McGuires and 3M make a 3 part system for removing scratches and swirls.
Most auto parts stores sell them.
Ihave used McGuires and it worked real good.

I Have the vivid black paint on my bike. Did anyone ever use Bar clay to remove swril marks on the paint? If so how did in work?

My bike is vivid black also. Amazing what Pledge will do!!!!:D

... .. .. .. ... .
For scratches and swirls, I really like the Harley swirl and scratch remover. It seems very gentle for light marks. If that isn't strong enough, use a little 3M rubbing compound. I always use these products by hand, expecially on a bike since the surface area is small.

McGuires and 3M make a 3 part system for removing scratches and swirls. . .. . .. . ... .

The above products are good. I have also had good results (on my vivid black tank) with NuFinish car polish.

I like the Pledge products as an 'after the main polish' cleaner and polish.

Back