free website stats program Swing Arm Bushings for a Trike | Harley Davidson Forums

Swing Arm Bushings for a Trike

zoood

Product Contributor
Im wondering what would be the best replacement bushings for the swing arm. My trike build is with a 1993 Electra Glide. I have looked in the wheel section of this forum and whats there applies to the bushings when adding a stabilizer. I don't believe there's a need for a stabilizer on a trike.

Thanks, zoood/RJ

Update, I found and ordered what I needed -

Retro_Bearing_Kit_Parts.gif

FLT/FXR Swing Arm pivot Bearing Retrofit Kit-With Axle.
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]2 Spherical Bearings, 2 Inner Spacers, 2 Outer Spacers, Press Plug, Axle, Loctite & Antisieze and [/FONT]

(2) Swing arm Isolator Mounts For Harley-Davidson OEM# 47564-86B

$(KGrHqZ,!ocE63(mBdyeBO4PZK0FIQ~~60_35.JPG

When I receive the parts I be posting pictures of my install in my other post Here's my Trike build - Harley Davidson Community

zoood

Im wondering what would be the best replacement bushings for the swing arm. My trike build is with a 1993 Electra Glide. I have looked in the wheel section of this forum and whats there applies to the bushings when adding a stabilizer. I don't believe there's a need for a stabilizer on a trike.

Thanks, zoood/RJ

Update: Turns out I didnt need the FLT/FXR Swing Arm pivot Bearing Retrofit Kit-With Axle. DFT had already installed this upgrade before I bought the trike rear.

I did however need the Swing arm Isolator Mounts For Harley-Davidson OEM# 47564-86B, The thickness of the new mounts compared to the originals that I never changed. Was a little more than an 1/8 of an inch wider. Made a HUGH difference in the ride and handling!

Never fails though,... just when I thought it was a go to ride. I noticed a small droplet of transmission oil on the shop floor. I checked the tranny fluid level and it was low and at the add mark. So now I have the entire primary ( outer and inner) off the trike and am waiting on the tools to tackle this fluid leak.

zoood

Back