free website stats program swap meets | Harley Davidson Forums

swap meets

I attend one nearly monthly. Never know what you'll find.

I like swap meets. Really fun if you are in the market for something specfic but often what you want was at the last one you attended / or the next one. But I do enjoy looking at all the stuff I want but don't need.

Funny to me that this post should come from our forum because ironically I used to go to swap meets all the time with my wife but since I bought my bike four years ago we don't go anymore because I am out riding now on the days that I used to go! I do miss them and the great "finds" that I would stumble upon.
One time I stopped at a yard sale that from the road didn't look like anything special, but you never know. It had the usual baby things, used clothing, and knick knacks. But, in this one box was a bunch of Harley Davidson shirts that were like new that her husband had and was getting rid of for whatever reason. These shirts are the shirts that have the dealership's logo on them. The kinds of shirts that we would pick up at an HD dealership to show that we stopped their on our ride. Long story short, I offered her $10.00 for the whole box. Then I made it a point to go to many of them so that I could say "Yeah. I've been there". :s

Swap meets and flea markets are huge for finding obscure parts at good prices

Much rather go to swap meets, however this past spring went to a bike parts swap meet in the eastern part of that state. It was a nice early spring ride but was a bit of a let down as far as vendors and such. Not a lot of selection.

I like a good swap meet. I hate to pay admission, that should be for the vendors. I am looking forward to the HUGE, all brands swap meet at Barbers Vintage Days Racing in Birmingham, Al Oct. 12-14.

Back