free website stats program SuperTrapp true duals p/n: 168-71578 | Harley Davidson Forums

SuperTrapp true duals p/n: 168-71578

B-1B_Guy

Hey all,

Relatively new to the fuel injected HD scene; however, I ran a SuperTrapp 2 into 1 on my '97 Heritage and was VERY impressed w/ the power gains. I now own a 2009 103" Stage II Ultra w/ SuperTrapp slip-ons, Ness Big Sucker, and the HD download. Will a guy notice a difference with the new "true dual" head-pipe that SuperTrapp just came out with? Does anyone have experience with this headpipe?

All opinions are welcome. Thanks.

B1

Well fellas, I installed to Supertapp true duals today and instantly noticed a difference. Bike breathes so much better than it did with the stock 2 into 1 into 2 pipes. The true dual pipes also look much better than stock, IMO, as they flow around the bike. I wish I had a dyno; however, a ride report and a few pics are all you'll get for now.

What mufflers are you using?
I have been thinking about a set of Vance and Hines true dual headpipes to go with my Wild Pig free flows that I have had for several years now.
What made you decide on Supertrapps?

Rod

Rod,

I'm running the Supertrapp slip-ons (without the exposed disks), they're the same muffler as the old Screamin' Eagle slipons. I've run Supertrapp pipes on Harleys for years now have always been impressed with the nice low rumble and great power gains. I am very happy with the true duals, you can actually hear the exhaust on the left side now, it's the same tone as the right. My bike was not that way with the stock header pipe, almost all of the exhaust tone came from the right muffler. I'm going to try to post a pic so you can see what they look like.

B1

Attachments

• Harley 09 006.jpg
    Harley 09 006.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 17
Do you think you've gained or lost low end torque? V&H told me that their 2to1 was better for low end power than the true duals

Jody,

Really hard to say for sure if I lost any low end (w/out a dyno run) but it doesn't feel like it. I can tell you that the mid to top range gains are very noticeable on the street.

Back