free website stats program Sundowner seat fitment | Harley Davidson Forums

Sundowner seat fitment

cromwell

Will a sundowner cruise double saddle supposedly off a 07 XL1200 fit on a 09 XL1200C. The only number the guy was able to find on the seat is RDW 92/61-0067. Tried looking it up but the pictures that come up appear to be a different model.

Thanks

Attachments

• seat top.jpg
    seat top.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Seat bottom.jpg
    Seat bottom.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 6
Hopefully someone will chime in who knows or you can call A Harley dealer, they should be able to cross reference as I believe they manufacture Sundowner seats.

Go to a site like Dennis Kirk or J&P Cycles and look up Sportster seats. They specify what years seats (and exhaust, etc.) are the same.

I know the FLH had frame changes and the mounting for the seat was also changed.
I would find the seat part numbers for both years to see if the are the same.
Or side by side comparison of the mounting would be good to confirm.

You may be in luck. The Harley Parts and Accessories catalog lists several versions of the double Sundowner seat but two versions are specified for the '07 - '09 XL models. Which version applies depends on the tank, 4.5 gallon uses seat 51739-07 and the 2.2 and 3.3 gallon use 51736-07.

The part number should be on the underside of the seat although I don't see it on the photo you included.

Have the Sundowner on my 2016 XL 1200C, much more comfortable than the stock one.

Let us know how this works out.

Back