free website stats program sun ray heated seat problem | Harley Davidson Forums

sun ray heated seat problem

eeyore

hey boys, any of you know how to troubleshoot a model 52127-05 sun ray heated seat. plugged into the accessory connector switch is on, push the button to turn on but does not heat. is there a way of taking out the switch to verify?

Don't know anything about the seat you describe, but is there a way to jumper the switch?
Can you check for resistance across the connection leads?

I just looked at the PDF on the seat, I saw NO serviceable parts, the seat has a 1 year warranty. Check the plug for power first, if you have no power check the fuses, I have not seen this seat but I bet the switch is not available seperately

I took a look at the Sun Ray heated seats on YouTube. If you have power at the connector try testing for power somewhere along the wire loom after the connector.

If you have power in the wire loom after the connector your switch is bad. I'm not familiar with that seat but I would think the switch can be replaced if that's the problem.

I should have said if you don't have power in the wire loom after the connector, you most likely have a broken wire or the switch itself is bad.

Back