free website stats program sub set of Road Kings? | Harley Davidson Forums

sub set of Road Kings?

DanDolfn

I'm puzzled. Just bought a 2011 Road King.

The pictures I see on the HD site and the spec lists I've seen show a decal on the gas tank and no cruise control or ABS brakes.

The bike I bought has a metal emblem on the tank (looks like aluminum and just says Harley Davidson) and has both cruise control and ABS brakes.

I can see maybe the dealer would order options like the cruise control and the ABS brakes, but that wouldn't explain the tank emblem.

Is there a sub-set of Road Kings that I don't know about?

But that's why I'm confused. The bike has the hardbags, like a plain Road King, not the leather bags for the Classic.

Here's the bike:

roadking.jpg

Here's a close up on the emblem:

emblemlc.jpg

If you search the VIN # at HD does it tell you anything more about the bike's options. Also, can't you call the dealer and ask about the option package.

Both the salesman and the manager I dealt with on out for a poker run in Key West.

Do you know where the VIN # search is?

I see what you mean. A closer look at the pic's on the HD website, show different tank graphic/badging, none like yours. All have "classic" bags. Someone will come along and tell us what/why.

The VIN search is on the HD homepage but they moved it so you have to look around for it. I found it the other day.

That's a POSE (Peace Officers Special Edition) tank badge and pinstripes

I was wondering about that, but I thought you had to be an active or retired cop to get one of those.

That's a POSE (Peace Officers Special Edition) tank badge and pinstripes

I was wondering about that, but I thought you had to be an active or retired cop to get one of those.

After they have the bike on the floor for a certain number of weeks, they can sell it to anyone

Back