free website stats program Sturgis | Harley Davidson Forums

Sturgis

trickydoc

Anyone going to Sturgis from the Southeast? We are leaving the 2nd with Daughter and Son-in-law. No we are not riding. Got the camper almost packed, scoot is washed, and waxed. Truck is getting a going over this morning, new fuel filter, oil change and just put on a new set of Michelin's. Got to help the SIL (son-in-law) put a new intercooler on his Dodge, told him to get a Duramax. lol just a little jab for all you Dodge guys. He had to pull my rv the last trip we went on, my pitman arm broke. yes that is a spooky experience. His intercooler went out so this time I had to pull his rv home. He had a big fun when he had to pull mine. I'm really having a good time with this one.
Our route, I24, I57, I64, I70, I29-35, I90. Making a stop at Ditty's Diner, don't care what time of day. They got real good food. cool place also. Maybe we will see some of y'all there. be safe and have a great time.

We are riding up from central Mississippi......on the Harleys. We are leaving a few days before y'all. Where is Ditty's Diner????

Anyone going to Sturgis from the Southeast? We are leaving the 2nd with Daughter and Son-in-law. No we are not riding. Got the camper almost packed, scoot is washed, and waxed. Truck is getting a going over this morning, new fuel filter, oil change and just put on a new set of Michelin's. Got to help the SIL (son-in-law) put a new intercooler on his Dodge, told him to get a Duramax. lol just a little jab for all you Dodge guys. He had to pull my rv the last trip we went on, my pitman arm broke. yes that is a spooky experience. His intercooler went out so this time I had to pull his rv home. He had a big fun when he had to pull mine. I'm really having a good time with this one.
Our route, I24, I57, I64, I70, I29-35, I90. Making a stop at Ditty's Diner, don't care what time of day. They got real good food. cool place also. Maybe we will see some of y'all there. be safe and have a great time.

Tricky,

Don't forget to take some of those incredible tomatoes that your area of the country is so famous for. Nothing like Sand Mountain Maters!

We are riding up from central Mississippi......on the Harleys. We are leaving a few days before y'all. Where is Ditty's Diner????

hey it's in SD on I90. its easy to find, signs everywhere. Its in Kimball, SD. They have gas pumps if you need gas too.

Tricky,

Don't forget to take some of those incredible tomatoes that your area of the country is so famous for. Nothing like Sand Mountain Maters!

We have been eatin mater sandwiches every night this week. yummy!!!! We are going to pack a bunch. Wife got one the other day that almost weight 5 lbs. it was huge and good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been eatin mater sandwiches every night this week. yummy!!!! We are going to pack a bunch. Wife got one the other day that almost weight 5 lbs. it was huge and good too.
Seriously. ..I'm very impressed. Man I'd ride to Sturgis just to see that.
WAP.gif

I used to raise a garden in Alexander City Alabama but the mineral content of the Sand Mountain area still made for better tasting tomatoes. I'm sure they are lying but some rodeside produce vendors claim they are selling Sand Mountain Tomatoes down as far south as the Fla Panhandle. Yeah I liked growing that huge varity also so it only took one slice of mater per sandwich. Life is good.

Yes Sand Mountain maters are the best, just like Vidalia Onions. We grow heirloom varieties. Mostly "Cherokee Purple, Russian Black Krim, and Aunt Ginny's Purple. The Krim grows the largest, but they are awful looking. Cherokee's are real acidic, Krim's are kinda salty, and the Ginny's are slightly sweet. now I'm hungry, going to make a mater sandwich. see y'all later. If y'all are in Sturgis, come by and visit. If we haven't ate all of they yet, stop and have a sandwich.

We're heading out first thing Thursday morning and hope to make Rapid City sometime Saturday. You guys make me hungry. I miss those mater sandwiches for sure! Rolled over this way back in the 80's from NC and grew up on them things! Ride safe and have a good time! Maybe we'll pass on the road somewhere!
Steve

We're not leaving until Friday, the Son-in-law has to work half a day. We are all camping out in his work parking lot, and leaving as soon as he gets off. Planning on getting there by Sunday. Are you staying in Rapid City?

Back