free website stats program Sturgis | Harley Davidson Forums

Sturgis

J

Jack Klarich

The Readhead and I are finally home after our trip. About 100 miles from Mn, the 1995 Ultra I was riding shut off in stop and go traffic, my left leg felt hot as I put the kick stand down I saw the starter cable had shorted on the exhaust pipe and was on fire, I got the seat off and rerouted the burned cable enough to make it back to my parents house where I had spare cables. It was fixed in about 5 minutes better than new IMO We had a great time I ended up riding 2100 miles that trip, The Redhead did 550 miles in Sturgis and never once complained All in all a Good Trip:s But it is good to be back home with my puter and my friends here at H D TALKING, Capital Jack and The Redhead

Welcome back Jack!

Sounds like a great trip. Did you see some other motorcyclists??? I hear they have a Bike Rally around this time of year in South Dakota :p

Good to be back Tank, great trip I have not been since 2000, many said I could not do it but I fooled them all and rode 2100 miles but it sure is good to be home Nice Color you wear it WELL:s

Welcome home Jack,I'm glad you had a good trip!
Now where are the pics????

Yes welcome back Jack, glad you two had a good (and safe) time. But where are the PICS ? That starter cable didn't burn the camera did it ?

Yes welcome back Jack, glad you two had a good (and safe) time. But where are the PICS ? That starter cable didn't burn the camera did it ?

So the story may be that the arcing from the battery cable created an electro magnetic pulse that wiped the memory card in the camera

Brian

Jack, glad you and the better half had a good time and made it home ok, it's the little things that happen on the road that make you appreciate the ride all the more.
As others have said, where are the pix.
Bill

No electro magnetic pulses this time, I will be getting pics soon, once again I charged the Redheads batteries in her Sony, they died but my brother took lots of pics and wil E mail them and I will post them soon as I get them:s

Back