free website stats program Sturgis countdown - where are you staying and what are your plans? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sturgis countdown - where are you staying and what are your plans?

I've got tentative plans to be out there 8/9-12... Not a fan of crowds but my sister and hubby are coming from Colorado and want me to meet up with them. Got a room in Keystone.

If anyone is coming to/from South Dakota via I-29 from Iowa, give me shout...

Just cancelled my room at the Travelodge in Keystone... Might be a vacancy if anyone is looking. Rebooked the same dates in Rapid City at the Cambria Suites next door to Cabela's. The AAA rate is $125, with 1 day cancel notice, or they have a prepay rate of $118. It's a brand new hotel and they must not be aware that they should double the rates during rally week. Every other place wants $200+/night. :53:

Would enjoy meeting some fellow members but the wife n I aren't heading up until Saturday the 4th.

Ride safe all! If you have never experienced the rally, beware there are more than enough a-hole, inexperienced riders there. They like to lane split and even split "in lane" packs riding staggered or side by side. Mostly OMG's trying to intimidate or show off. Just keep your head on a swivel and on your mirrors ad you'll be fine.
I added another thread about the meet & greet. Take a look and maybe we can still meet up during the rally. I added a contact number for anyone who would still like to meet up that can't make the Aug 3 lunch.

Looks like my Sturgis trip Aug 9 - 12 is off... the sister and bro-in-law from Colorado canceled. I'm not too disappointed since the BIL gets on my nerves. :s

I'm headed out to the Black Hills this weekend before the crowds... if anyone is going to be around those parts and wants to meet up, let me know.

Also, if anyone coming into SD from the south east corner on I-29 runs into trouble or just needs a break, give me a shout.

My 5 Florida buddies got here this afternoon. There’s been a few beers consumed in and around our ‘ool (I hope there’s still no “P” in it). Big sirloin steaks on the grill and another round of beers and early to bed so we can get an early start. It’s all back roads for us. Planned overnights are, Savannah, TN / Jerseyville, IL / Carroll, IO /Valentine, NE and into Rapid City on Aug.1. Three days of riding in the Black Hills area and I hope to be at the #10 Saloon for lunch on Friday the 3rd to meet some Forum members. If I miss lunch, I’m sure I will see Jack and Jeff, as their motel is next to ours. Leaving Rapid City on the 4th and plan on meeting up with Geezer in N.D, and he’s gonna ride with us to the Cloquet/Carlton MN area and hope we can meet up with Jack and Jeff again. Then us southern guys are going to take a few more days riding back roads South to the Tail of the Dragon, then continue on US129 all the way to my town in GA. I’m writing all this now, because I’m not taking a laptop and my phone is not smart, so there won’t be updates unless I use a motel ‘puter.

Back