free website stats program stuck baffle | Harley Davidson Forums

stuck baffle

marknett

exhaust baffles

I know that this has been beat to death but I want to remove the baffle on my v&h twin slash slip-on .. I have cat in fatory headers so should not have backflow problems .. The bike is just too quiet for me .. Removed the 2 screws but can't get the baffle too move . warmed it up and sprayed wd-40 and still no luck .. any ideas ? bike is 2012 dyna switchback with stage 1 download and stage 1 upgrade on intake ...

Re: exhaust baffles

I know that this has been beat to death but I want to remove the baffle on my v&h twin slash slip-on .. I have cat in fatory headers so should not have backflow problems .. The bike is just too quiet for me .. Removed the 2 screws but can't get the baffle too move . warmed it up and sprayed wd-40 and still no luck .. any ideas ? bike is 2012 dyna switchback with stage 1 download and stage 1 upgrade on intake ...

the set screw is actually a screw that goes into a welded nut inside the baffle...try removing the screws and find an allen wrench that will fit into the inside threaded nut inside of the baffle. Clamp the long end of the allen wrench into a pair of vise grips and insert the small bent end into the welded nut from the inside of the baffle, but do not extend it past the end of the nut and out the other side. Now pull on the allen wrench. It may only move a little bit.

Re: exhaust baffles

I put quiet baffles in my twin slash round slipons but had to buy a slide hammer to get them out.Check out Harbor Freight.

I'm trying to get a stuck baffle out of a vance and hines twin slash slip-on. I have tried to use a slide hammer but there is a very small lip to catch ..So that was a no go . Was able to get a pretty good bite with a heel bar and put vice grips on bar and a hammer and still would not move. When I took it off the bike you couldn't
get on the inside of the baffle lip because of the way the pipe is made .. Any other ideas

I went ahead and ordered a full slide hammer set from harbor freight .. Maybe I can find the right attachment to work .. don't understand why the baffle is so tight .

Have you tried first giving a couple of good squirts of WD 40 or PB Blaster around the edge of the baffle? Stand the muffler up and let the penetrant run down the inside walls of the muffler, and wait 20 or 30 min. This will loosen up the dried carbon and might give you an easier go at it. Stupid question but you have taken the screw out that holds the baffle in right?

Have you tried first giving a couple of good squirts of WD 40 or PB Blaster around the edge of the baffle? Stand the muffler up and let the penetrant run down the inside walls of the muffler, and wait 20 or 30 min. This will loosen up the dried carbon and might give you an easier go at it. Stupid question but you have taken the screw out that holds the baffle in right?

Not a of stupid question Don I wish I had thought it! :s

I appreciate the suggestion and yes I have both screws out . I'll check the 2 links .

As far as leaving the screws in , it wouldb;t be the first time but not this time lol

Back