free website stats program streetglide dies when coming to a stop | Harley Davidson Forums

streetglide dies when coming to a stop

NPLFLC

i have an 06 streetglide. every once in a while, when i am down shifting and coming to a stop, my rpms drop down to about 600 then to 0 and my bike dies. i can hit the start button and it will start right up and i might not have a problem with it for the rest of the day. it seems to happen more when ive been on the freeway, starting to exit and coming to a stop but it has also occured when riding in town making muliple stops.i've had it put on a dyno to see if would acted up but no luck. also when coming to a stop and the bike starts to loose its idle i can hit the throttle and keep it going but as soon as i let off it dies untill i start it back up again and then it idles perfect! ive spent lots of $$$$(new race tuner,etc.) with no results. does anyone know what could cause this, thanks.

If the bike is stock and does not have any intake manifold leaks, I would guess a sticky IAC motor. It would certainly be amoung the 1st things I would check.
You did not mention mileage on bike, if stock, tuner moded idle etc..

My wifes 09 Street Bob did this to us last summer. Exact symptoms, freeway running, slow down on the exit and then the bike dies. Dealer could not recommend any fixes after looking at the bike and checking for codes. The bike died on us 3 times in a matter of about a week, I went home and cleaned the air cleaner, intake, changed the plugs and did not have this happen again.

the bike has 25,000 miles and when this happens there are no codes. when the bike is about to acted up I know because when i'm down shifting, everytime I pull in the clutch, the rpms quickly fall. it seems to lose it's ability to idle until I start it again.

Same thing happened to me....took off the air cleaner and sprayed carb cleaner up into the little IAC hole. Lots of black crud came out, and it was fine after that.
Glider put a how to do it in the self help section. Check it out. Easy fix.

Had the same thing happen to my o5 UC, dealer also could not find anything, ended up being the IAC as Hobbit said. Good Luck.

07 Streetbob did the same used some throttle body cleaner from Run Rite problem gone

Back