free website stats program Street glide vs Electraglide classic - confused | Harley Davidson Forums

Street glide vs Electraglide classic - confused

I'll be buying a new touring bike soon. Looking at a street glide, but the electraglide looks like a street glide with better passenger seat and top storage, for the same price.

Can someone tell me what the street glide offers that is not on the EGC, that would make it priced the same?

Can someone tell me what the street glide offers that is not on the EGC, that would make it priced the same?

The Streetglide offers "sleekness". Some, but not all of the differences between a FLHTC and a FLHX; Streetglide is lower, does not have front and rear crash bars and saddlebag guards, does not have driving lights, no tour pack, nicer (IMO) footboards and passenger pegs, special wheels, paint and a few other items. I like the looks of the SG, but prefer the Classic, mostly for the crash bars and tour pack.

I'm pretty sure that popularity also keeps the price up a bit on the street glide. There nice bikes

I am almost positive that the only reason the SG is expensive is because it is what I really wanted. That said, I love it and wouldn't take back my UltraClassic or any other touring bike. But that is why they make different models, in order to suit different riders. I didn't need/want the CB, saddlebag guards, fender bumpers, etc. I wanted a nice clean look ... its crazy that they charge more for less, but people keep lining up to buy. Good luck to you!

It's cheaper to make an EGC into a SG then it is to make a SG into a EGC.

I really like the lines of the SG and the ride. After a couple of 4000+ mile trips, I decided that the King Tour Pack is really nice to have. The problem is by the time you add up the cost of all the parts to put one on, it gets expensive (even for Harley) It's cheaper to buy the shocks (lowering kit) and pull the items you don't want off the EG.

Back