free website stats program Street Glide Price Discussion | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide Price Discussion

DarinDan

Went to the dealership today and test rode a 2013 street glide. Wow what an awesome ride. Need some help since I do not have any experience with the touring models. I am trading in a 2009 FXDC. They charge 1K over MSRP for setup and freight. One thing I do not like. This model does not have ABS but does have cruise. Basic model vivid black. Out the door price 12K. Have not really dealt with other dealers from different states but this seems a good middle of the road price. Hard to wheel and deal on this particular model because of how popular they are and other people wiliness to pay top dollar. For what this model has and the ride of a Cadillac can anyone give me some insight to whether this is a good deal or should I work on the price some more. I know I could probably sell my bike outward and make a little more money but really do not want to hassle with that situation. I thought about taking the deal but asking for the 1k service for free. Easy to commit to a 1K service and not come out of pocket too much for the dealership. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Also looked at a Softail Classic which is more in line with my price range but I prefer the Street Glide especially after the test ride.

offer them $10k CASH and tell them take it or leave, but have cash in hand for them to see. fan it and act like it doesnt really matter one way or the other. reverse gear is the most productive one on the shifter.

NADA low retail on your bike is 9,255, high retail is 12,175. Base MSRP on the SG is 19,799. Using low retail and adding the 1,000 dealer prep the diff. would be 11,544. If you can get the first service included, 12,000 is not to bad.

HDDon's dialed-in the #'s, but I'd say the "bargaining point" is that $1K freight/set-up fee. I'd work that angle with extended warranty, or service credit...good luck! Remember, you have a bike so there's no pressure on you to swing the deal - separate the "wants & needs" and you'll make the right choice.

Hey Iceman. You are right on. Don't need the bike for sure or the payments. My bike is paid off but I do know this will not be my last bike due to what I would like to do in the future. Noticed you are retired. I am looking at purchasing the street glide as my last bike before I retire and start a new career. #s I am sure I can work a little more to get closer to 11K. As you stated I walked in with a bike and I can leave with my same bike as well.

Iceman has some great advice. When negotiating for anything the real power is the ability to get up and walk away. Extended warranty, dealer prep., first service +, are all positions the dealer can play with. Here in Gainesville, Fl the price on the bike is MSRP and you play from there. Good luck and do what Iceman suggest, deal from a position of strength.

A lot of times the dealer will wave the freight and set up , I'd shoot for that and like many said if he won't budge walk away . Then a few days later they'll call you . Several years ago they all marked up MSRP and then you had to get on a waiting list to even get one . Those days are long past check other dealers in the area and compair .

Back