free website stats program Street Glide inner fairing compatibility | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide inner fairing compatibility

sjcea

I was able to pickup a brand new inner fairing that came off of a 2012 Street Glide for ultra cheap. I plan on using it for my 2006 Street glide. Now I know theybare different but the only difference I am noticing is the 2012 part does not have the hole to route the throttle cables as its fly by wire. But everything else looks exactly the same . Am I missing anything??

I would think it would work.The mounts for the radio are the same p/n back to '96. I would think all you have to do is drill the hole for your throttle cables. I could be wrong though. They sure look the same other wise.
tourbox

That's the way it looks to me as well. I got it ridiculously cheap and it came off a bike with 1 mile on it. Just want to make sure before I tear apart. Aside from the throttle cables I can't find a difference.

The only two differences in the inner fairing are the fact that there is no hole for the throttle cable and if you want to put on fairing louvers you have to purchase them for 08 and up.

Thanks for the input!! So I guess I gotta just drill a hole and its ready to go!!!

Should be the only difference (throttle cable portal) - good deal for you. I did a similar thing with front forks. Got a set off another forum member 50-miles away & had them powdercoated black. Much cheaper than buying HD's kit...not it's just taking time to tear into the front end & make the swap.

I completed the swap today. Drilled the required hole and everything bolted up perfectly!! And it looks fabulous!!! 2012 fairing on 2006 Street Glide

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360288066927.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360288066927.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360288085120.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360288085120.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 52
I don't know why that bottom pic looks like scuffs on the inner fairing below the mirror. Must be glare the fairing is new and absolutely mint!!!

Yes. The bike had fallen over from the previous owner and cracked the Batwing and inner fairing ..he replaced the batwing but didn't want to get into the job of the inner fairing . It looks great!! Brand New as it is!!!

Back