free website stats program Street Glide Fairing antenna? | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide Fairing antenna?

Tatanka

So i recently picked up my New Street Glide and all the docking kit stuff for luggage rack. Went ahead and got the Power amplified fairing antenna. My question is that after installing it to directions,went for a 150 mile ride, Picking up stations is no problem, But it seems i cannot pick up any WB stations. After intalling the luggage rack, the antenna has clearance, Can i buy a antenna splitter cable and run both antennas at the same time?

i have a hidden antenna as well.....i did originally have a splitter installed so i could put my whips on for long trips. i broke the splitter one day working behind the fairing so now i just run the hidden antenna. mines an Escelites (spelling?) and i get the weatherbands just fine with it.

I have a splitter "Y" under the fairing with my hidden antenna. I also run a shorty when the tour pak is on local. On road trips, I put the whip on, and seem to get better coverage with it.

I just ordered a y-cable for my Boom hidden antenna b/c my AM & FM coverage stinks. Hoping to re-connect the short whip under the fairing too and gain my reception back...we'll see this weekend when I tear into things.

can i pick up a splitter cable from Radio schack or any car sterero shop. Im thinking its just a Male with 2 female jacks. Then Im with you guys, Screw on the antenna for long trips. WB would be nich to know whats way ahead on a trip.

can i pick up a splitter cable from Radio schack or any car sterero shop. Im thinking its just a Male with 2 female jacks. Then Im with you guys, Screw on the antenna for long trips. WB would be nich to know whats way ahead on a trip.

Maybe. My local R.S.'s didn't have them and I had to order it on line. A larger city may increase chance of being in stock.

I got rid of the powered HD hidden antennae and took an old ford stainless steel fender mount one and wrapped it into a coil using a 3'' die from my punch press. and installed that under the fairing. Reception on all bands is as good as when I had the whip on the tourpak.

Back