free website stats program Street bob to Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Street bob to Road King

I currentley own an 08 Street Bob and want to buy a Roadking. Because of cost, I am looking into buying an 06 model. Will I see much of a difference in ride with the engine sizes? Or should I not worry about the engines and just buy an 06 Road King?

Depends on why you want to buy the RK. If you just want to move to a touring model for the ride, looks, mile gobbling capacity, 2 up comfort, etc. then make the move. You won't notice the difference in engine since you'll be enjoying all those other attributes. Besides, you can do all or portions of a Stage 1 and get a bit more oomph anyway.

I agree..see if you can get an 09 or later RK. I had an 06 Street glide and just bought a 10 SE Street Glide and the frame difference is worth it.

Need some more feedback. Need to make a decision in the next couple of days.

Listen, I did basically the same thing last month (08 Strreet Bob to 08 RK) and I am amazed at the difference in the two. I really liked the Dyna but the RK is definately all it is cracked up to be. I am unaware of any issues that an 06 has but they are great bikes. Get the RK, you won't regret it. As far as the motor is concerned, it will perform fine. They use the same engine on the largest of the Geezer Glides. Besides, you can always "soup" them up to make them perform better down the road.

I would take the 06 RK for a test ride and see the difference for yourself....if you do a lot of 2-up take your partner for a spin too:)....The 6-speed makes a big difference IMO....Yeah you can always upgrade to a 6-speed and beef up the motor, but by the time your done with that, you probably could have found a 07,08 RK with the bigger engine and 6-speed. And then again the 09, 10 models with the frame/tire changes ride even better....I'd be riding a 09 Ultra if I wasn't soooooo upside down:bigsmiley15: on my 07. But the way I see it, it's your bike, your money, and your opinion that REALLY matters the MOST!! :rider But definitely, Take it for a ride, and maybe try out a 07/08 and/or 09/10 if you really want to see the differences.

Just my two pennies worth:57:

Listen, I did basically the same thing last month (08 Strreet Bob to 08 RK) and I am amazed at the difference in the two. I really liked the Dyna but the RK is definately all it is cracked up to be. I am unaware of any issues that an 06 has but they are great bikes. Get the RK, you won't regret it. As far as the motor is concerned, it will perform fine. They use the same engine on the largest of the Geezer Glides. Besides, you can always "soup" them up to make them perform better down the road.

I think you helped me make my decision!

I think you helped me make my decision!

I have to agree, with 2010 coming out, you might be able to hook yourself up with an 08 or 09. They made some nice modifications from 07 that may come handy later.

I have the 07 and this is my first HD. I am really pleased with the overall product. Save for flat tire, no problems or complaints beyond the stock handlebars. I am going to switch them out. I also changed to the Rinehart TD and the Stage 1 for a little more power. I did that mod o the adivse of other RKC owners who were real pleased as well with the results.

Good luck my friend.

Jim

Ive always wanted the R.K. I even thought about converting my Glide but I believe the cost is way over the worth,That being said let us know how you like it !

Back