free website stats program Street Bob Rear Fender/Tail light | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob Rear Fender/Tail light

Bait

Anyone had the tail light off a Street Bob? Is the fender recessed or does it just have bolt holes?

My wife wants to mount a Nightster License Plate Bracket and Rear Turn Signals and doing away with the stock tail light on her 2010.

Chip

I just turned a friend with a SB on to a extra SB fender I had, he is having the fender hole filled & painted so he can just R&R it when done. He also wants to go side mount, doesn't like the Folic Symbol thing his fender has going on.

My wife did not like the chrome tail light either. With the hole in the fender and powdercoating out of the question due to the tail light set up, we just took it to the local body shop and had it painted black. I have a freind there that manages to paint over chrome that is in non abusive places and it works well. The price was right and these days, that counts.

Just incase anyone reads this thread with similar desires.......

Harley has just added a chopped rear fender for the 06 and later Dynas. No taillight or plate holes.

I called the dealer; they told me any direct replacement type HD tail lght; other than a tombstone will bolt on direct and cover the hole. Probably going with a Brightass Lights 4 Super-LED® SMOKED Lay down Style Tail Light with a curved flat license plate braket. Also, going to look into the HD chopped rear fender that japancoast mentioned; maybe we can buy it pre-painted in Black Denim. Didn't realize you could buy Denim Black spray paint; which is good to know; can paint was our fall back.

yeah i shaved mine and just have the factory tun signals as my running lights/stop/turns. and i love the way it looks. had denim black but ended up repainting the whole bike.

Back