free website stats program street bob problem's or not | Harley Davidson Forums

street bob problem's or not

dynabob

rode a 06 bob 1450 6 speed,everyday for the last 2year's with not one problem,nothing at all,i am moving to nicaragua in august .I sold my 06 2 wks ago a sad day for me,we had bonded,call me soft,that's me,i was going to bring bike to nica but after a few hour's on net,i discovered for the price i would get here (thailand),i could buy a 09 street bob stateside and fit out same as my 06 and ship to nica,as i am not a fan of 09 engine finish,i decided to get 08 new or nearly new.my concern is every forum i look at all i see are problem's related to 06-09 street bob's more 07-09 the odd 06.Was i lucky with my 06,am i being paranoid, do 07-09 have a lot of problem's or not.will be grateful for all input please.

My 09 has been great mechanically. No problem at all.

My only negative has been the finish generally and in particular the silver engine paint. It's stained up on one side only, and seems to be getting worse on it's own. No idea what caused/causes it. My dealer is going to show photos to the Harley rep this week with a view to swapping all the right-hand engine casings and covers under warranty. Seems like a big job and I didn't really want the whole engine in bits because of their poor finish quality.

I love the bike, but the poor finish does annoy me. If anything happened to my Bob, I have to say I'd look closely at the new Triumph Thunderbird before I went back to the Harley showroom!!

Not reccommended a friend has just tested the new speedmaster and was not very complimentary and he worked for triumph back In the orginal days

Really? Isn't the Speedmaster the underpowered cruiser that's been out a few years?

It seems the press have been pretty enthusiastic about the Thunderbird, but I guess you can't always believe the press.

Interesting review here 2010 Triumph Thunderbird Review - Motorcycle.com

My 2004 Triumph Sprint RS is still going strong, and is probably in better condition than my December 2008 Harley! :D

Great news and thank's to everybody for your advice.I still can not take to 09 engine finish so i will start looking for a next to new 08 the red crimson and black wrinkle motor to me is class,can't wait to ride a street bob again,riding 30 years and nothing ever came near the overall feeling i got from my 06.:D

one thing to remember when reading any forum. everything is relative the people who experience no problems dont come here everyday and write they have no problems... so you are generally seeing only one side of the story with the problems experienced... but what percentage of the whole is actually having problems is an unknown quantity

I have 08 Street Bob an I have 13.000 km and no problems except in the very first day the neutral sensor died.
I replace it very easy and thats all.
Its running smooth and clean

I just got rid of my '06 s. glide and was very happy with it. I read a number of bike rags and have heard of no problems with any year of s. bob. I know 3-4 people who have 'em and are happy ?

Back