free website stats program Street Bob console lite mount | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob console lite mount

R_W_B

I removed my tank to install some things and fix some wiring. The tank part I have going ok, but have the following question (I won't be putting tank back on till tomorrow at least).

The console light plug (2007 FXDB Street Bob) that shows the Neutral light, the Oil light etc. When it popped off I forgot to mark which way it goes back on. I know if I get if backwards I could always pull it off later and switch it,
The only labels I see on it are "TOP" which not sure what to do with that.
If it said "FRONT" I could work with that but not sure what top means since it is mounted from the bottom of the console ?
Is there any way to tell which way it goes on ?

Also:
Jiffy-tite 5/16" Barbed End, Aluminum Quick Disconnect fitting kit, part no. JT22505, is for sale at both Amazon and The ProRaceStore, Racing Parts for the Professional for $19.xx but I wanted to buy it local (Central Florida) by Monday. Guess I will try NAPA. A friend told me the 1/4" ID line works better on the Harley Tank (even though the manual says 5/16" ID on the crossover hose, anybody want to comment on that ?

Actually I found in my HD parts manual a schematic of the OEM console light and it shows the "TOP" label going to the front of the bike. Two things that are priceless are the Repair Manual and the Parts manual.

Gas line is fairly cheap so I tried the 1/4" line. It does in fact still go on easy enough and is much quicker to clamp down.

At the very least I would use it for a stub plug line while working on tank.
I am thinking of just buying quick connects in 1/4 and moving to 1/4 completely.

Seems I am writing to myself on this thread. Oh well someone might find it interesting.

Seems I am writing to myself on this thread. Oh well someone might find it interesting.

You are never by yourself on here brother!!!! We are reading & learning and if someone has/had the same question/problem - they will chime in. :s

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about but I know I want a repair and parts manual. Trouble is, they are about $80 each here in the UK.

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about but I know I want a repair and parts manual. Trouble is, they are about $80 each here in the UK.

The console light plug (2007 FXDB Street Bob) that shows the Neutral light, the Oil light etc is what I am talking about. If you don't have a Street Bob your Dyna console may be different.

I bought my repair manual online for $10. It is the exact same one as the HD Repair Manual hard copy because I have seen both. I searched just now and the link I bought is not available any more. But this one is for about $30.
Factory service Manuals on CD

The console light plug (2007 FXDB Street Bob) that shows the Neutral light, the Oil light etc is what I am talking about. If you don't have a Street Bob your Dyna console may be different.

I bought my repair manual online for $10. It is the exact same one as the HD Repair Manual hard copy because I have seen both. I searched just now and the link I bought is not available any more. But this one is for about $30.
Factory service Manuals on CD

RWB - my status tells you I have an SB 2010 :newsmile100:

When I said I didn't understand I meant technically. The manual info is really useful. Will check it out now.

RWB - my status tells you I have an SB 2010
When I said I didn't understand I meant technically. The manual info is really useful. Will check it out now.

Oh ok, I thought maybe the 2010's changed a bit. In any case hope the link gives you the Repair Manual. It is really convenient on a CD, it's all linked together in PDF files so you can open more than one instance and have several different areas ready to view while you are working. You can also check ebay for one. Might be hard to find one for a 2010 but good luck.

If you plan to do much on your bike you are going to need it. I bought the parts manual too, $60 a local shop. But when you consider $400 to $550 for a 10,000 mi service, it pays for itself.

Also I noticed a bit of rust on the metal plate that bolts to the tank, (under console cover) previous owner must have let it sit out a bit. Anyhow I rubbed most of the rust out with Autosol polish and then pushed the actual OEM lite panel housing out of the console and squeezed some clear silicone around the outside edge, since I could see daylight coming thru the slots. I pushed it back down onto the console cover (making sure to get set right) and immediately wiped clean any excess silicone on the outside wrinkle paint. It is now sealed up to rain leakage.

Back