free website stats program stock ride height spec.. need help | Harley Davidson Forums

stock ride height spec.. need help

astrorock

Hay guys, i think the person who owned my 99 fxstc may have raised it 2".. is there a way to measure it to be sure?? and why would any one do that??
when it is on the jiffy stand i can see almost 1" between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender.. there is nothing in the manual that states a measurement for shock length, floor height, or seat height. (i have a newer fatboy seat on there anyway} any ideas or info would be a tremendous help??

How does the ride height of your bike compare to other bikes of the same year and model when you are parked by them? I have not heard of anyone raising the ride height but I am sure it could be done if someone wanted to do it.

Are the controls in the stock position or are they unusually forward which could indicate a taller rider who also wanted the bike with a taller stance at rest.

forwards are stock, and i dont really see a lot of late 90's fxstc's. most are twin cams, any evo bikes out there are mostly baggers or FB's, or Heritages ect. with the long rear fender..

I am sure someone with more knowledge about your particular bike will chime in with more info. maybe even take a measurement from their bike for comparison?

Good luck

I have a 92 fxstc which being an evo should be the same as yours so went out to the shed held bike upright and placed a length of 2 x 2 across the riders seat and mesured from bottom of wood to floor at each side to be sure it was upright and i got 27" thats with the stock seat
however i dont know what the previous history of the bike is as ive only had it 3 years

Brian

thanks fin, i have a fat boy seat on mine, i performed the same test and got 27.5".. but i think the fatboy seat is supposed to be lower profile than the stock fxstc seat.. can you please measure something for me?? from the top of the rear axle adj. bolt to the bottom of the fender strut on the right side.. with the bike on the jiffy stand.. i got 12.5"..

thanks again

I went out to the shed with tape mesure and as i have bags fitted to the bike it wasnt the easiest to see but 12.5" is about where it came to
i also checked against mudguard height from wheel and it is at least 1/2" above the top of the tyre so perhaps you are just at the stock height
when you add a wee bit of weight to the softail the back end does dip a wee bit

Brian

Attachments

• IMAGE_007 (Medium).jpg
    IMAGE_007 (Medium).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 7
aye it wasnt much trouble just a wee walk out to the shed to see my bike
and its always good to see my bike

Brian

Back