free website stats program stock heads | Harley Davidson Forums

stock heads

traveller

merry xmas, could anyone tell me what the cc is on a stock 88 ci heads and what they would need to be to accommodate a 570 lift cams.

85 cc's is the stock volume but it varies some from head to head (not precise).

The early heads if your speaking of your 03 stock heads, max lift is around .510.
The later heads with beehives can go .575-ish

If your talking 03 heads, they'll need springs at a minimum. If your pulling them, pick a machine shop and discuss your goals with them and go from there. Lots of good guy's out there. Don Dorfman HD Street Performance, Scott Palmer Hillside Cycle, Kirby Apathy Vee-twin Performance.

thanks for the info, I wanted to find out how many cc,s the heads need to be to get maximum performance out of my 570 cam. I have 650 lift springs already installed.

If you need to have the heads shaved anyway, I would talk to someone on the previous list. They are all pro's and wont steer you wrong. I recently had some work done by Scott at Hillside and found him very easy to work with. He answered all my question and answered every email. Very knowledgeable and a great guy.

thanks for the info, I wanted to find out how many cc,s the heads need to be to get maximum performance out of my 570 cam. I have 650 lift springs already installed.

Go to the BigBoyz website and use their compression calculator; it's as good as any. As Bodeen points out, the chamber volume of stock TC88 heads will vary but typically fall between 85-86cc but I have seen them measure 89-90cc. So, it would be best to actually measure and be sure.

Use the calculator to find the chamber volume that will produce corrected CR of 9.3 to 9.4 or a CCP of about 190psi. Those may not produce max TQ/HP but are a good target for a reliable street build.

http://www.bigboyzheadporting.com/TwinCamComp.htm

Back