free website stats program Still have a random miss help | Harley Davidson Forums

Still have a random miss help

I put an ev27 cam in my 95 heritage I did it the easy way and I may have to go back thru but I took out the rocker arms and then put them back indidnt adjust the push rods but I jumped the jet up from a 180 to 190 but I still have a random miss at mid throtle just crusin down main st do any of you have and info on jetting and what mid jet matchs main jet any help is great

ok I need some engine help on an evo

ok you have heard me before I put an ev27 cam in my 95 heritage evo made alot of diff on the hills but I still have a low end miss I played with jetting I have a 190 main and a 46 mid and just off idle putting around town it has an occational miss rode it to sturgis and back runs great but low end puttin I adjusted the valves twice just to make sure cause they are a little noisy but that didnt help I have the factory carb and maybe I am being a little anal thats what the one friend that works at legends told me so if you have put a 27 cam in tell me your thoughts thanks guys I love this site I learn everyday

Re: ok I need some engine help on an evo

but I still have a low end miss

You "Still" have a low end miss. Meaning you had a problem with the engine having a miss before you installed the cam.

Before you start changing any parts you need to determine if this miss is ignition or something else. Under WOT in a tall gear (4th) does the bike perform 100% without a sign of a miss.

Re: ok I need some engine help on an evo

Hi Gobbler
- What do you mean by 'I adjusted the valves twice'?
- If you have an occational miss, I doubt it has anything to do with jetting (which sounds a tad high, btw). My bet is on an igniton/electrical issue...

like I said I did it the easy way and for what ever reason it had adjustable push rods so I made sure of the adjustment and it runs fine no miss at half throttle and high speeds I have done the jetting tests with 8 spark plugs and the guys at legends said it wasnt that bad of a miss they could only recreate it a couple times I havent checked the timing since the install but I marked it and its exactly where it was and it did not have a miss before the cam change I was wondering about ign problem I just dont like throwing parts at it to see and you guys are the ones in the know so I am all ears thanks guys for all your help :D

I dont feel or hear a miss in 4th wot and as I was listening and feeling tonight it feels like it is the rear cyl that has the miss as I hold the throttle just off idle in the shop other than that miss it runs great sorry to ask dumb questions thanks for all the help

I dont feel or hear a miss in 4th wot

A WOT throttle 4th gear pull puts a very heavy demand on the ignition. If it was breaking down, you would feel it.

I would fall back to basics and perform a cylinder leak-down to see if the engines blow-by and valve sealing is good. Then maybe check for intake/vacuum leaks. Also check the VOE's unit for leaks and check toggle points for advance using a Mity-Vac hand pump.

That's about all I can contribute to this thread. Engine guys may chime in with more.

Back